• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RH Sensitization and effects for baby

Jenny Bean

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been posting this quite a bit but I am trying to get some answers.

I just got the results of my blood work and it looks like I have the RH antibody in my blood which means my blood might be incompatible with my baby's blood and may eventually start attacking her blood if not already.

I am 27.5 weeks and so nervous, they are doing further testing right now but if anyone has experiences, words of advise or encouragement I would love to hear them.

Thank you.

Hi Jenny I am in a similar boat to you though rather then being rh sensitized my body produced antibodies when my sons blood mixed with mine during labour. I have anti-E and it works in a similar way in that it could attack this babies blood cells.

I've had a few blood tests to keep an eye on levels so I'm sure this will be the case for you and I think you will need injections to do with the RH itself but I'm not all that clued up on it. Google has been my friend when trying to find out information on the antibodies I have so maybe google it to find out what sort of care you should expect x

Thanks for this.
I hope monitoring is all I need for now.
I have been Googling like crazy also lol...too much!

I am RH Neg and no antibodies in my blood my son is also RH Neg but this new baby I don't know I will be getting Anti-D shot about midway to ensure that I get no antibodies in my blood but baby should be safe unless there is a swap of blood between us due to a bump or labour

I hope you found some answers :hugs:

I have this as well.. My last babies blood mixed with mine even after receiving the anti-d shot.. I was told if I got pregnant again that once I turned 20 weeks I would be kept on close watch to make sure the baby does not become anemic. I believe they told me I would get ultrasounds every 2 weeks from 20 weeks on :)

I'm rh negative too, so I was asking people about it. Turns out one of my grandmothers and my MIL both developed antibodies during their first pregnancies and had 5 and 4 babies, respectively, that are all healthy to this day. Ignorance is bliss! Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->