Rib pain 2 years post pregnancy!

Ashley2189

Mommy to a sweet toddler
Reaction score
Hello ladies! It's been a long time since I've posted here. It's been almost 2 years now since I believe my LO broke my rib while I was pregnant with her. I was in excruciating pain for at least a week - to the point where I screamed out loud if I had to move my arm. I never had it checked out, just figured it would heal. I no longer have health insurance, so getting it checked out isn't an option anymore. Every now and then it starts to bother me, if I've been carrying too much weight or sitting wrong. I've recently started working out again, and if I try to do a plank I'm down within 15 seconds with sharp pain in my rib. :nope: I'm just wondering if this is normal, if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I'm not really sure if anything could even be done for it, :shrug: which is why I never had it checked out to begin with. Thanks.

I'm really not sure hun- sorry. I know you don't want to have it checked- but really, not sure what else to do? Other than avoid any activity that get's it going. Might be it healed wrong somehow and that is why it's still bothering you? IDK.

For me- any injury I get now seems to become chronic! I injured my hip literally 10yrs ago- and it still bothers me daily. Not as bad- and some days are better than others. But post baby it got way worse- as it can take a year for your body to really get back to "normal" after having a baby. So that could certainly have something to do with it- but 2yrs is a long time... I also have tendonitis in my left shoulder, again- much worse during pregnancy and after (holding baby etc...). I've just learned to live with the pains- although I've done acupunture, healthy eating, working out, chiropractor and physical therapy! You name it! Some helped, some didn't- but overall, it's just gonna be there and there are things I can't do. So I just work around it and know my limits.

Prob not what you wanted to hear... sorry. Hope your better soon! Or someone else has better advise :)

I will say- the right acupuncturist did a great deal of help with my hip. The pain did return in time- but it was SO much better for a long while. I just have a diff therapist now and it didn't help as much- so I stopped going. I should really track that other person down again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->