Riley <3 Positive Induction Story.

C

cderrs123

I had a pretty simple pregnancy, up until I hit 6 months. I had no sickness, no nothing. At 30 weeks I started to get a bit worried as I didn't look pregnant. I'd put on all of half a stone at this point, I'd always had a small bump. I was feeling baby move so I didn't panic too much.

At 34 weeks my midwife panicked as I measured 29 weeks and still barely looked pregnant, I was in my normal clothes. I was sent for a growth scan, and told my baby was either small or had stopped growing. At 36wk 5d, I still didn't look pregnant at all. After another scan we found my boy had static growth and had to be emergently induced.

So, At 37 weeks I was induced. I had to be kept on a monitor at all times, which gave me serious backache. I was given a propess at 4pm, and began having braxton hicks contractions constantly. At 2am, following annoying period pains... My waters broke and real contractions started. I was very tired at this point. At 10 am I had tried to send my OH home, as I was told my induction would be three days and I felt i needed him rested for the later stages. Half an hour later however, he came back baring food and entertainment bless him. He felt too guilty to leave. Such a sweetie.

At 4am I was told to have an epidural as I needed sleep.. However he put it in the wrong place. I had 20 minutes of itching and pain relief before I felt the cntractions fully again! They tried to top it up to find it was in the wrong place. Thanks! Haha. I wasn't offered ANY more pain relief.. and eventually gave birth at 9:14 am, after 40 minutes of pushing. I asked my OH to call my mum at 8:40 so that she could come to the hospital, she got there five minutes before the birth. Labour hurts.. But nowhere near as much as I thought. I'd do it all again in an instant. One stitch, which didn't even have to be a stitch.. and my little man was here. <3. I felt back to normal within an hour of giving birth, and had a shower, did my hair and put on some makeup ready to have visitors with my LO.x

love the name! sorry they messed up the epidural for you! huge congrats though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->