RIP Lennox

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
I've followed this for a while now.

They proved he wasn't a Pit bull by having DNA tests, he was licensed and insured, he was also registered.

Belfast City Council should be ashamed of themselves.

He was put down yesterday

His family put up an incredible fight for him.

:(

What's this about hun?
x

Oh poor Lennox. I've been following this story too and it's a bloody disgrace :growlmad: He never showed any aggression and yet they still killed him. I just think they got to a point where they couldn't be seen to back down and this poor dog paid the price for that stubbornness. To not even let them go and say goodbye though was criminal! :cry:

Poor boy, RIP x

What's this about hun?
x

Lennox was a family dog who the authorities decided had 'pitbull traits' and so was seized under the dangerous dog act. He had never shown any aggression and was a loved family pet. He has been on death row for 2 years while the family fought the council through the courts but they lost and Lennox was finally put to sleep yesterday. The family weren't even allowed to go and say goodbye to him :cry:

This is the best example of why all dog lovers should join the campaign for 'Deed not Breed'. Lennox did not deserve to die.

Poor little boy :( it's really broken my heart. I hate this ''dangerous dog'' bullshit. It is deed not breed. Run free Lennox xxx

Lennox was proved to be a Bulldog cross via DNA tests and they still didn't accept it. :nope: he never showed any signs he was vicious. His owners have battled for 2 years to get him out of his pound and they never did.

The last inspection that was done he had sores and wasn't treated right from what I see on the FB page.

It's disgusting how they can do that to an animal. I have a bulldog and I'd be distraught if it was her

I haven't heard about this news story, but reading on here has made me :cry:

Poor poor Lennox, and poor family who clearly loved their dog very much. Ignorance like this really makes me angry - we have had a staffy, and a doberman in the family and both were daft as a brush, and soft with the children - yet both breeds are seen as aggressive.

Deed not breed!

And even worse now they are refusing to release lennoxs body tp his owners and wont even give them his collar. This whole thing is very fishy and i think they are trying to hide how poorly theyve treated him while he was in those kennels by refusing to release his body

This is absolutely disgusting. What evil humans. I hate it, he's never shown any aggression, wtf? I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and sometimes people actually move away from him or move their dogs away, makes me SO mad.

Poor Lennox <3

poor baby :cry: he must have been so sad without his family to love him :cry:

when will people stop being ignorant and learn that not all dogs are dangerous just because they belong to a certain breed? And they're only dangerous because 99% of the time humans have trained them to be so!

I can't stand people who don't love animals...I hope karma comes back to bite the people that are responsible for this in the ass :nope:

RIP Lennox <3

This is the first ive heard of this but wow that is awful :(
That poor dog and that poor family :(

Do people not realise that its how you treat a dog that makes them turn violent? I.e - train them to attack and they will do just that? Hell if you trained a labrador to be violent it would be, that kind of behaviour is learnt.

I dont understand how they have gotten away with this..he was proven not to be a breed that was banned and didnt show any agression.

Surely this is against the law! :(

This is absolutely disgusting. What evil humans. I hate it, he's never shown any aggression, wtf? I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and sometimes people actually move away from him or move their dogs away, makes me SO mad.

Poor Lennox <3

I feel exactly the same, Molly's a staff and people pick their dogs up and cross the road with their dogs when they see her. Gets me really angry too :(

Poor Lennox, RIP Boy x

I have two staffordshire bull terriers and they are the most loyal, loving dogs. It makes me so mad when people avoid us or cross the road to get away.
These dogs are not cross, its the way their owners have traine them.

Belfast county council should be ashamed of themselves!! :grr:

R.I.P poor Lennox xx

I totally agree with all of you and this is really sad :cry: Poor dog and how awful for his family :(

We've got an adorable, loving and loyal staffy who we've had for two years. It's so frustrating how judgemental people are about her :( But anyone who meets her soon realises how wrong they are and what a lovely dog she is. It really is down to how dogs are brought up, not what breed they are.

xx

What's this about hun?
x

Lennox was a family dog who the authorities decided had 'pitbull traits' and so was seized under the dangerous dog act. He had never shown any aggression and was a loved family pet. He has been on death row for 2 years while the family fought the council through the courts but they lost and Lennox was finally put to sleep yesterday. The family weren't even allowed to go and say goodbye to him :cry:

This is the best example of why all dog lovers should join the campaign for 'Deed not Breed'. Lennox did not deserve to die.

Omg that's horrendous :nope:

RIP Lennox :(

Poor Lennox <3

It's horrible isn't it? I have a bulldog cross (her mum is dorset olde tyme, her dad is a british/victorian) and she is the softest most sweetest thing going, yes she is muscly and excitable but she is not what people think, they cross the road when they see her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->