RIP Sooty and Sweep

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
Before I went for my shower this evening I went in to see my hamsters, top up their food, give them fresh water and let them have a run around in their balls (with the door shut of course).

Unfortunately, both of them had died. :sadangel::sadangel:

Hubby and I are going to give them a funeral tomorrow. It will be a quiet affair, just us, the kitty and the puppy.

Sweet dreams Sooty and Sweep.

XXXX

Aw sorry to hear about your hamsters. My hamster died a couple of months ago :-( even though they are little and don't live for very long its horrible :-( xx

How sad. My hammy passed away yest aswell :( he was very old tho. :(

xxx

I know it probably sounds mad, and I don't want to seem cruel or to prolong the agony, but I wonder if they have just gone into hybernation. it seems very strange fro them both to have died together and as the weater had got suddenly so cold, it may well be that their body temps have lowered and their metabolisms shut down. Have you tried warming them. I have heard of this happening to hamsters before.

I know it probably sounds mad, and I don't want to seem cruel or to prolong the agony, but I wonder if they have just gone into hybernation. it seems very strange fro them both to have died together and as the weater had got suddenly so cold, it may well be that their body temps have lowered and their metabolisms shut down. Have you tried warming them. I have heard of this happening to hamsters before.

We thought this as well. My puppy had too go back to the vet today for her check-up after being spayed on Monday so we took them with us. Unfortunately they are no longer with us.

She said rigamortis had set in. - Stiffening of bodies. She also checked their little hearts. It's believed that their was am infection. I feel so bad for not knowing. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->