Rollers or curling wand?

Pearls18

Reaction score
I have straight and fine longish hair. I struggle to curl my hair with my GHDs, are rollers or a wand the easiest way to get loose low maintenance curls for "everyday"?

Both are great. Rollers will give your roots more volume though and you'll get a more 'freshly blow dried' look. The wand will give your hair more of a curl. The trick is to make sure when you take the hair off the wand hold it in your hand, still in its curled position, until it cools, then let go. That will keep the hold of the curl far better than if you just let the curl drop down when the hair is still hot. Spray each strand with hairspray as you go. At the end run your fingers through your hair for more natural looking curls. I like using my curling wand, but I prefer blow drying each strand ( so the hair is smoother and hot) and then putting each curler in as I always need more volume in my roots. Though this does take longer!

I dont curl my hair on a daily basis but have an enrapture encode. Its really good curling wand. I got it cheap. Its usually about £50 but it was reduced when i bought it some time back. You may get one in the sales.

There's a headband trick you can do overnight which is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLeSKaPaUOA

I usually pin curl my hair though which gives me hollywood style curls. I backcomb the roots first, particularly on the hairline, and then curl my hair with a normal curler (I think it's Revlon, but it was £10 at Boots and is brilliant), and pin the curls up as they're formed like:https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...ps%2Farticles.php%3Ff%3Dtip180025.htm;167;250, then I'll take them out and brush with a baby brush. Definitely my favourite type of curl.

If I use a curling wand my curls just drop out. I've got sleep in rollers, they give volume but not curls but my hair isn't very long :flower:

I find curling wands are better for an every day look. If you use one everyday then soon it will be so quick to curl your hair (10 mins for shoulder length) and so long as you spray with hair spray they should last all day but obviously they do drop by the end but still look abit curled. (Like wavey really)
I tried rollers once and for me personally I found them fiddly and I didnt give a curl but did give volume. My hair is just past shoulder length and very straight and fine.

I use a curling wand and find it brilliant. The curls do drop out by the end of the day but I like the way it leaves my hair in a nice wave! They are so easy to use aswell, I have long hair and it only takes me 15mins x

Thanks everyone, I have just ordered a wand to start because I think I will find that easier, but will maybe look into some rollers later on in the year to see what effect they give :)

I use a wand, find the curls don't drop. depends on your hair though!

So jealous, mine wouldn't last an hour :(

I loved my curling wand but unfortunately my hairs just fell straight out within half an hour even with hair spray :(

I have seen that headband curling video and really wanna try it but can't find a suitable headband! grr xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->