Rolling over in sleep? Ok to leave him?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Recently Seth has started to roll over onto his tummy when he's asleep. We keep turning him over but literally within seconds he's back on his tummy again.

Is it ok to leave him? Or should we keep rolling him over?

xxx

I gave up rolling Sam back as he would be on his tummy again within seconds and there was no way I'd know if I was fast asleep (even when he was still in our room). He's always been fine on his tummy though x

i'm not sure honey as maddi hasn't yet managed to do this, but imo, i don't see why it wouldn't be ok to leave him honey, if he just keeps doing it, it's almost like your fight a losing battle iynwim :)
:hug:
x x x

Thanks :) Just wanted reassurance really. They tell you not to let them sleep on their fronts but he's hardly a newborn anymore so didnt know if it was ok. I knew if I didnt ask and something happened to him I wouldnt be able to live with myself.

This is how paranoid I am :| lol I never used to be like this! Ha! Ill be grey next week.

xxx

Also I love Sams little dinosaur outfit thingy (it is a dinosaur right?), its so cute <3

xxx

Thanks :) Just wanted reassurance really. They tell you not to let them sleep on their fronts but he's hardly a newborn anymore so didnt know if it was ok. I knew if I didnt ask and something happened to him I wouldnt be able to live with myself.

This is how paranoid I am :| lol I never used to be like this! Ha! Ill be grey next week.

xxx

:hugs: honey, i completely understand, having children is a lifetime of worry it seems! i'm just the same :hugs:
if you're feeling really worried you could always try a sensor mat thing, we have been thinking about this for when maddi finally goes into her own room :hugs::hugs:

Thanks hun :) Im sure he'll be fine. Just being a mummy :) lol

xxx

I was worried at one point about this, and DH said to me, "If she can roll over, she can roll back, She can lift her head and move it" Which makes sense

As long as he can turn his head side to side he should be fine. Even if he cannot roll back over. Colton started doing what Seth does at about 2.5-3 months. He's slept on his belly since then and been perfectly fine. He only just started rolling belly to back about 3-4 weeks ago (and still not doing it often), so if he gets uncomfy on his belly I have to go turn him :dohh: which has been the only badside. LOL.

I think he'll be fine. My neice used to roll over then cry because she didn't like it but as Seth seems perfectly happy on his front I'd just leave him to it! As others have said, he can turn his head and all sorts. I think it's only a worry if they sleep face down!

My bubs always does that but he rolls from his tummy to his back :confused: Don't know how...i must be up countless times in middle of the night...iv given up now xx

He can roll over onto his tummy but he can only roll over on his right so theres no room left lol

Thanks for the replies :) I rolled him over when he was in deep sleep last night and he stayed on his back.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->