Rosacea - anyone else?

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has rosacea, and if so what helps, what makes it worse...?

I have a patch on my right cheek, which developed not long into my recent pregnancy. I've never suffered from any kind of acne before; at 35, I've always had really good skin, fair and freckly. I hoped it was just a pregnancy thing and it'd go after I had my son, but he's 3 months old tomorrow and it's no better. At times all the skin on my face feels hot and stings, it's really annoying/upsetting. Today it even stung after I put aqueous cream (E45) on, it was still stinging 10 mins after I rinsed it with water.

Not sure what to do... does anyone know what a doc might prescribe and would it help? I believe it's an incurable condition. :cry:

OH has a patch on his left cheek. But being a bloke it dosent bother him. His is more prominant when its cold.

I think it is more a case of covering it up than treating it.

It can be treated but by a cosmetic surgary procidure, i cant remember if it uses needles or lasers

Someone I know has it fairly bad. She tried alsorts including some prescribed stuff, but she found that what worked best for her was good old oil of olay moisturiser twice a day.
Sounds trivial I know, but it worked for her.

Sorry I can't help, mine went after pregnancy. I had one patch on my right cheek, it looked like I'd been punched somedays. I used a new facewash last night and it flared up everywhere I had rubbed the face wash, almost in the shape of my fingertips! I also have discoloration on my arms that you can't see unless I wear sleeveless tops, it's like I've got sunburnt wearing a t-shirt, there's a line where it starts halfway down my upper arm. I'm also pale and freckly so I don't know if that means anything except making it more obvious! Just wanted you to know you're not alone *hugs*.

thanks ladies. guess I need to go to the doc. eeeep. Kitten, I think I did read something about fair, freckly skin being more delicate/sensitive to stuff... it's just upsetting because I've never had any hint of skin trouble!

Ditto, I had wonderful skin pre-pregnancy now I have spots and red arms, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->