Rosie Grace... third attempt at escaping, 5 weeks early, but absolutely perfect

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
Well my baby girl is 8 weeks old now and fast asleep in her pram so I thought Id write my birth story, Ive not been on here since the day before she was born...

My pregnancy wasn’t exactly “the norm.” I went into premature labour at 28 weeks, then had another trip to Labour and Delivery at 34 weeks with a water infection that caused labour to start yet again. My last post on here was me at 35 weeks wondering whether my waters had broken...

Monday 27th June...
9am felt a really small gush of water, posted on here wondering whther I was just being silly, then after 15 mins felt more small gushes. We went to Labour and Delivery and after hours and hours and of midwives thinking it wasnt my waters they sent me for a scan where it revealed the liquor level was in fact reduced. I then had to decide whether I wanted to be induced. After so many false alarms, I jumped at the chance of being induced before they changed their minds, I wanted this baby NOW. The doctor then came in and apologised saying she had forgotten I was only 35 weeks and they wanted to make me wait till I was 37 weeks... once again we had gone to hospital expecting to come back with our baby and gone home just the 2 of us.

Tuesday 28th June...
contractions started at 6am, just small pains so got my birthing ball out and bounced contantly for 2 hours then my partner woke up so I pretended nothing was happening and he went to work. I wanted to be on my own and clean the house, and spend as much time as possible coping through labour at home.

9am the contractions stepped up a notch so I timed them but expected them to be ages away due to not being in much pain. 4 minutes apart...oh hell its nearly an hour drive to the hospital!!! rang my partner, he came and picked me up and we yet again made the journey with fingers, toes, EVERYTHING crossed for a baby. Got to the hospital and contractions slowed! examined at

1pm and 2-3cm, given a huge room (due to being special delivery) and a ball (my lifeline through labour) 3pm nearly everything had stopped.

5pm the midwives broke my forewaters (turns out it was only my hind waters that had broke) And within half hour I was back to 4 minutes apart yippeee! Through every contraction I bounced for England, it really helped with the pain, I didnt even know I was doing it apparantly I looked like a right nutter.

7pm I was told to give the ball back cause the monitor couldnt pick up the heartbeat due to crazy bouncing. What? give it back? NO it was amazing, so the gave me a gliding chair. Not as good but not bad, did the trick.

8pm decided to have gas and air. Not a decision I took lightly I wanted as little pain relief as possible, everyone thought I was mad. And that Id probably end up going for an epidural. How little faith. So anyway took first breath on the gas and air.... oh my god didnt like that I felt so lightheaded and sick it took me a few minutes to recover. Tried again and from then on it was AMAZING. In fact it was that good that every time my mouth peice disconnected I yelped in panic because this gas and air had become my best friend, my lifeline in fact.

9pm midwives wanted me on the bed. well easier said than done. The pain got so much worse when I was layed down.
5cm! well if this was 5cm then I needed more pain relief!! well turns out I wasnt 5cm

9.30pm another examination due to contractions coming every 30 seconds revealed 10cm. Yippeeee!!! I saw the trolley come over to my bedside and still didnt believe that I was 10cm i kept telling them they were wrong. Started to push. Wow thats the most energy Ive EVER used.

9.50pm babys head crowned, I was so proud I was giving birth only on gas and air and rather shocked at myself too
9.56pm I gave birth to a beautiful baby GIRL, we named her Rosie Grace Ormrod. She weighed 5lb14, and got an amazing 9 out of 10 APGAR score. We got a 10 minute cuddle before she was taken to special care, to have a canula drip fitted in her tiny little arm, poor little girl.

10.15pm the real pain started. This is the part you need more pain relief for, unfortunately I was only having the gas and air no matter how much I asked for more pain relief. Wow the stitches were soooo much more painful than childbirth. They had to really really persuade me to have them done

11pm my baby girl was brought back to us and we had an hour long cuddle and attempt to feed. I couldn’t believe she was mine

11.45 she was taken back and I had to shower before being moved to maternity. Well I fainted before reaching the shower and had to be carried back to the bed and put on oxygen. So they let me stay on labour ward for the night.

29/06 5am
I hardly slept so had a bath, and whilst in the bath the midwife knocked and told me I had a visitor. Hmm that was odd. I rushed through my bath to find a midwife with my baby girl in her cot outside the door. I was so happy. I had been told I would have to go visit her in special care for a week, but they had decided she was too healthy and had kicked her out of special care, my little fighter. So they got me a room on maternity with a cot in and I spent a week with her by my side in hospital.

Well after coming home we spent another few days on the childrens ward because Rosie was jaundice and she became really yellow and needed treatment. Ever since then she has thrived, she is now 8 weeks old and weighs 8lb she is doing great

Huge congrats. The visitor bit when you were in the bath melted my heart, ive actually got goose pimples!!

Congratulations! and beautiful name. Our little girl's name is Rose Grace xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->