RSV/Bronchiolitis

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
My girl is in hospital again with RSV & bronc. Her o2 requirements have shot right up and shes not well at all, wont feed and dropped her temp to 34.5 :(

Just wondered if anyone had any experiences? Do they bounce back quickly?

Shes only 2 days corrected :cry:

We're so fucking unlucky, not only did she have every neonatal complication going she had to get this. A few days after her RSV jab ran out and right at the end of the season. WHY MY GIRL. So upset for her :(

Holly had RSV & bronc in Dec and was in hospital for 3 nights although she is older than Connie. She was on oxygen and was eating hardly anything and was on the verge of getting a tube put in. For the first 2 days she basically slept most of the time and even on discharge it took a few weeks for her to get her energy up.

I hope Connie picks up soon xx

No experience with it, but I am praying for your little Connie, I hope she recovers quickly!

:cry: I hope she recovers soon Amy...much love to you both :hugs:

My littlest man was 12 wks when got it but he had a chest infection and a collapsed lung too. They tried him on cpap and he stopped breathing 8 times in the space of a few hours and once the consultant had to bag him so they were going to put him under a general anaesthetic and put him on a ventilator and transfer him to another hospital, luckily just before doing this he decided to stop being silly and they tried him on just the nasal tubes for the oxygen and that worked, he almost died on the monday and thursday evening he came home. Had he had better care I probably would have said he needed to be in till the following monday but I can take better care of him at home. They had him nil by mouth for about 36hrs and after that he had ebm in bottle and I fed him whenever I was there, it's hard going but it does get better, I have everything crossed for you and lo :hugs:

my twins had it in oct, my little boy worse than my little lady. his lung collapsed he was on cpap for days and they were going to ventilate him :( it was awful. Both of them stopped eating adn were fed by tubes. We thought we'd left all that behind us it was so distressing. After a long week they both recovered enough to come home. After that they got it again in Dec!!! Flipping virus it's awful they recovered better the second time.

I hope your little girl recovers soon xxx

Niamh had it when she was 4 months old, she spent 4 nights in hospital on cpap. She ate hardly anything but she had weight to loose.

If I remember correctly the virus is at it's worse on day 6 and by day 10 they are on the road to recovery.

Aw i hope your wee one gets well soon. RSV is horrible but please keep your chin up. Its so frustrating seeing them go through so much its hard not to get a little down about it. Our wee chicken had RSV/Bronchiolotis back in Nov and spent 19days in hospital. She needed a lot of oxygen, tube fed, iv fluids....she was 15months ( 11 corrected). Unfortunately with bronchiolitis it seems problems can persist for months if not years. Hugs to you. :hugs:

thank you for your replies... luckily we avoided cpap... she's still in hospital at the minute. Shes a lot better though and her feeding is back to normal.

her 02 has come down from 0.5l to 0.08... drs said they'd like her at 0.05 for 24 hours before they allow her home. Really cant wait til this is behind us. been in there a whole week now :(

That is so good to hear, she should be home again with you soon!

I really hope you get her home soon. Much love to you and little Connie :hugs:

Really pleased for you :) my little one is poorly and is showing symptoms of bronchilitis again :-( hope im wrong and its just a bad throat.

little miss got discharged today! :happydance: just in time for easter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->