Rubella

Sooz

Paige & Mason's Mum!
Reaction score
My doctor has booked me in for my Rubella immunity check on December 15th but I forgot to ask if I need the vaccine how long after do I have to wait before TTC.....does anyone know?

Thanks. :flower:

My Doc didn't even know and had to look it up... can't remember now if it was 3 months or 1 month, but it deffinitely was not straight away. Hopefully you wont need the jab anyway like I didn't. Most people are O.K nowadays with all the vaccinations during school years.

They advise 3 months :flower:

I had my bloods done last month, when the results same I was told it was 'normal' so I asked the receptionist if that means I need it, her response was 'I don't know'

:wacko: Helpful... well I see my doctor the end of this month anyways.. so I will have to ask her then....

I was just tested a few weeks ago and they said three months if you need the vaccine.

I was going to say 3 months but lots of people beat me too it.

Looks like you will be just fine with your TTC day if you need it. :happydance:

Thank you my lovelies, I know I was vaccinated as a child so will just have to wait and see if I retained immunity or not. :)

i think its 3 months, make sure if u do get it that you wait til you get your period and then go for the vaccine , even if there is only a 1 in a million chance you are pregnant.
I "lost" my immunity and had to have the vaccine , I had had a pregnancy blood test and it was neg ( but very early), so I called to schedule my vaccine and they would not do it til I got my period, I was SO LUCKY, I was actually pregnant and had I had the vaccine G-D forbid it would have been tragic.

I went for my vaccination in early November and was initially told by the nurse that I had to wait 3 months (I was gutted!). I read online that some people had been told 1 month, and some 3 months.

So I rang NHS direct and they told me it was 1 month. Just to be sure, I then spoke to the nurse who gave me the vaccination and asked her to double check. She looked it up in her medical bible – it also said 1 month!

It seems that the advice on the MMR has recently changed, but do check with your own nurse/doctor if you're unsure.

Hope that helps.

i think its 3 months, make sure if u do get it that you wait til you get your period and then go for the vaccine , even if there is only a 1 in a million chance you are pregnant.
I "lost" my immunity and had to have the vaccine , I had had a pregnancy blood test and it was neg ( but very early), so I called to schedule my vaccine and they would not do it til I got my period, I was SO LUCKY, I was actually pregnant and had I had the vaccine G-D forbid it would have been tragic.

Thanks for the advice, I'm on the BCP so don't have 'real' periods but I will mention this to the nurse. I have a HPT that needs to be used up soon anyways so I can do this the morning before I go for the vaccine, if I need it.

Ooooh for those ladies that have had their immunity checked...I am going for my pre TTC check up tomorrow - do you need a full blood test thingy for checking immunity or can they do it from a pinprick of blood??

Not that I really mind just wandered really! :flower:

They took full bloods on me, :cry: I was like do you really need that much !?

It's no wonder my iron count is so low when they keep pinching my blood! Apparantly it takes about 12 weeks to replace after loosing a pint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->