Rubeola

MissMuffet

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi! We're planning starting ttc next month. Went last week to gyno for a check up and she asked me to get a blood test done to see if i am inmune to rubeola. Just picked up the results and i've had a sneaky look . It says that to be inmune you should have 20 UI/ml and I've only got 13. Not sure what that means...
I don't think it's a good idea to have another jab for rubeola just before ttc. Maybe it's just handy to know that you're not inmune if you are preg. Wondering if anyone has had similar results.
Going to doctors on thursday, see what he says.

With those results you should really have another jab and then wait 3 months before TTC (some doctors say 6). It's up to you of course, but I wouldn't risk getting pregnant without the jab, because I'd never forgive myself if I actually got sick with it and LO did get any bad effects. If you're not going for the jab then I'd stay away from kids during your pregnancy and from any places where you might pick up rubella (though you might not be able to do that, as you'll have to the gyn for example, where there'll be loads of people that are in close contact with kids). I personally would rather wait an additional 2 months than risk it...

I agree with Amygdala. Put off TTC for just a few more cycles and get the booster. It's not worth the risk or the stress.

Same happened to me but it was discovered 8 yrs ago, and I got the additional booster right away. I have heard of this re-occuring to people so I hope when I go to see Dr next month for pre-ttc checkup that I am still immune! It sucks but in the end I would say that its better to be safe than sorry, but in the end it is totally up to you! What did the Dr say?
Hugs!

I was also tested for Rubella and was told that if I didn't have enough immunity that it would be best to get the shot right away, and then wait 3 months before TTC. Turns out I'm immune already, but if I wasn't I would have also gotten the shot and then waited the 3 months. It would make me feel as if I've done whatever I could to make sure I have a healthy pregnancy.

I've found my old vaccination card. It appears that I had the jab when I was 15 months old and then another when I was 11 years. I've been reading on the internet and in quite a few sites it says that you don't have to wait 3 months after having the jab. Any way, going to see the doc tomorrow, so see what he says.

Hi! In the end I've had the jab and they've told us to wait 3 months to ttc. As Amygdala said, I'd never forgive myself if I hadn't had the injection and someting happened. So ttc is off until November :(
I really think that whoever is planning to ttc in the near future should get this checked out before, as if you aren't inmune and need to have the booster it sets ttc back 3 months. It's sooooo frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->