run out of things to say?

T

tinytoes

...socially I mean. DO you find you dont have much to say to non parent friends? My conversations seem based around baby..simèply because I dont do much else. I'm happy not doing much else, but when I'm faced with a non parent in a social situation I find it hard to find much to discuss except baby ...and maybe Corrie or Eastenders!! haha.
Feels a touch awkward sometimes..hope I'm not boring my friends! At teh halloween party last friday I ran out of things to say so just chatted to LO after a while.
The other day a friend asked me what I'd been up to so I replied "urm...went to supermarket...taken a fwe walks around the village..:"..sounds so dull but I'm perfectly happy.

Must just must brush up on my conversation techniques!!!

yep! it's hard! I run out of things to say so easily especially as a lot of my friends have just started their first teaching jobs so it's all planning and stuff for them and nappies and teething for me!

I know it's important to keep my old friends though...as hard as it is so I keep trying to talk about other stuff :(

i too find it hard, like you, we're so happy doing our little stuff, like walks, shopping etc, i'm sure my non-parent friend think i'm borning, its so hard honey :hugs: x

:lol:
I just know that when people ask me how I'm doing I go : 'Oh,Lola is great,she's 10lbs now' :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->