SA results???

brillbride

Reaction score
hi girls--got results today but still waiting on doc to interpret:: results seem very good except Morphology which is 8 %....DH is gutted---he is thinking the worst now..(only 8 % normal sperm) other results were:
Vol 6.0ml
Motility 54 % Rapid
Morphology 8 %
Negative –detection of anti sperm antibodies
Contaminant cells:NO
sperm count seems excellent too...

anyone able to suggest anything?

Hi hun,

Just wanted to pop on and say that we had terrible SA results. My dh took it really bad. We read a few bits and bobs on the internet and decided to try to help ourselves - doc implied that we needed help from the fertility clinic.

DH started having a glass of fresh orange juice every morning, switched to decaf coffee in work, but had a normal coffee 20 mins or so before bd. He went commando (lol) of an evening and wore loose shorts, this kept his bits cool. BUT the most important thing, we think, was that he stopped putting the laptop on his lap, he started putting it on the arm of the sofa. After doing these changes, I got my bfp 6 weeks later! We'd been ttc for 3 years.

Not sure if any of it worked, but something helped us. Good luck hun xxxx

aw thanx a mil Welly for the lovely reply and congrats to yourself on your pregnancy--my DH is really trying hard---he has started taking wellman vits---sleeping commando!! and the laptop thing---he's has stopped putting it anywhere near his lap--so now he has it on the side of sofa like you said or on the poofah (if thats the right word!) was speaking to a doc and we are both feeling really positive at the mo----plus i just got my positive OPK!!! yeeaaa..xx

That's brilliant!! Yay to the positive opk :happydance:

Good luck, it's such a hard time ttc, I'm always happy to listen if you ever need to chat xxxx

aw thanx a mill Welly---you are very good--I am sitting here watching You Tube vids of sperm meet egg!!! hoping it will rub off!!! and praying as well!!:happydance::happydance: xxxxxx

Oh my DH is putting his lap top on his lap! Might have to change that :p

Thanks for the advise on the laptop thing will defo stop hubby from doing that xx

just popping on to say we got our BFP last week---the same cycle that Dh went for his SA!!xxxx

Congratulations!

Our doctor did say today that when you start getting the tests done you stop worrying and the BFP comes along.

I'm trying my hardest to get DH to use a laptop tray instead of putting it on his lap but he's very good at forgetting grrr

My husband puts laptop on his lap all the time and his SA was normal. No problems what so ever.
He does sleep commando style though

My OHs 2nd SA his morphology was 3% and his 1st was 5% but we concieved 3 months after his 2nd which was a chemcial preg but then got told to have sex every other day and we did that and then concieved with this preg 6 months after the chemical, he also still smoked, drank, had hot-ish baths, but it took us 18 months to concieve the chemical after an unplanned preg which was a mc, but until his 2nd SA we we're having sex almost everyday, so we think the sex every other day helped us.

DH and I have been TTC for almost a year now. I have an appt on March 21st with my fertility dr.
We think my TR is now blocked with scar tissue and DH puts the laptop on his lap too but he is changing that...his SA was good is all we were told.

Ours aren't much better. Waiting to see the urologist to go to the next step.
Morphology was 7%
Motility was below the optimal percentage
and a bacteria which could present problems too.

Good luck to you.

I believe that the lowest acceptable reference for morphology is 4%, which puts you within the normal range.

Here's my source.

:thumbup:

hi girls--got results today but still waiting on doc to interpret:: results seem very good except Morphology which is 8 %....DH is gutted---he is thinking the worst now..(only 8 % normal sperm) other results were:
Vol 6.0ml
Motility 54 % Rapid
Morphology 8 %
Negative –detection of anti sperm antibodies
Contaminant cells:NO
sperm count seems excellent too...

anyone able to suggest anything?

The motility is great! How many did her have per million cc. My DH is definitely not that good.

hi tiffy--his sperm count was very high..so we were told...must check it out again.... we are getting a new sperm test now in 3 weeks....wey hey..xx

That is great to hear. I am glad your DH has a good sperm count. Good luck with everything!

Thanks Tiffy and you too...best of luck with it all..xx

My dh's sperm sample was as follows;

Motility: 57%
Morphology: 7%
Volume: 2.1 ml (doc asked if he spilled some)
Count: 21 mil.

Dh was also devastated. But after reading the ttc success stories of others with male issues, I don't think it's all that bad.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->