Sad. Stats on short cycles

Viking15

Mommy
Reaction score
I just did a quick google search on menstrual cycle length and found that pregnancy rates diminish for women with cycles under 26 days in length. Mine are averaging 24-25 days. We just started TTC in May and had to take a couple of months off due to a health problem for me. Should I be worried or bring this up to a doctor? Should I try some type of supplement to try and add some length to my cycle?
I'm sad.

now reading that has worried me :( i never knew there was such a thing with shorter cycles. what i've heard is that shorter cycles can be an issue only if the LPhase was short too. but saying that, there are supplements to take to lengthen your LPhase and women go on to have happy and healthy pregnancies. i have a 25 day cycle but my luteal phase isn't short because it adjusts to a few days early ( day 12).

i'm interested to hear what other people say. i am worried coz i had a chemical last cycle and praying it has nothing to do with my cycle length and just unfortunate.

Hi Viking5. The first thing I'd say is see your Dr. It's not just about the overall length of your cycle but about how long each phase of it is, you can have a short time from the start of your cycle to ovulation and still have a long enough LP for implantation. My cylce has in the last 2 months dropped from its normal 28 days to only 22 - and I know that it's the LP which has shortened. I've just started taking vitamin B6 in the hope that this will lengthen it again, and even though I'm not trying this month I'll use OPK's anyway to see if it's made a difference.

I temp so I can keep an eye on my phases and ovulation date. My ovulation date varies from cd12-14. And my LP varies from 10-11 days. I'm taking a B complex to lengthen my LP, but may need to either up my dose or try something else to coax more time out of it. I would love to see my doctor but I'm afraid she won't take me seriously.

Dam the doctors! LOL. No, don't. I read an internet article the other day about B6 specificaly after my 2nd shortened cycle. I know that you shouldn't take any of the B vitamins seperatly but I am still taking a pregnancy/breast feeding multi vit which has the B complex in it. The article suggested taking 50mg B6 daily for a cycle and checking if your phase has lengthened, if not or not enough then increase by 50mg and chart again until the desired outcome. It said that most people seem to get the desired effect between the 50 - 150mg mark although some end up nearer the 300mg mark. It's a far higher dose than your RDA of about 5mg but it said as it's water soluable any that isn't used is excreted in the urine anyway.

Oh yes the B complex works. I have taken for the past 3 weeks. It lengthened my cycle by two days which of course tricked me into thinking I might be (pg). Stupid stupid me of course it's BFN because the ic test is not sensitive...You would think after all this time I wouldn't be so gullible!

if i were you viking, if you are regular then i would be reluctant to take any supplements without seeing your doc. after reading this thread i went back on the internet to do a bit of research myself...the length of your cycle is def. not a problem, a 24 or 25 day one is fine as long as your body adjusts and your ovulation comes a little earlier. if lp is less than 10 then supplements would prob assist in lengthening, and a doc would decide on this or not. but don't worry yourself silly over this. i stupidly took vit b6 a few months back when i started ttc as i was aware my cycle was 25/26 days and thought i'd have to lengthen it....i felt so ill that month and really didnt do my body any good. for now, i am like you with a 25 day cycle, with a 12/13 lphase and i'm happy with that and i'm sure you're fine too. :thumbup: :flower:

if i were you viking, if you are regular then i would be reluctant to take any supplements without seeing your doc. after reading this thread i went back on the internet to do a bit of research myself...the length of your cycle is def. not a problem, a 24 or 25 day one is fine as long as your body adjusts and your ovulation comes a little earlier. if lp is less than 10 then supplements would prob assist in lengthening, and a doc would decide on this or not. but don't worry yourself silly over this. i stupidly took vit b6 a few months back when i started ttc as i was aware my cycle was 25/26 days and thought i'd have to lengthen it....i felt so ill that month and really didnt do my body any good. for now, i am like you with a 25 day cycle, with a 12/13 lphase and i'm happy with that and i'm sure you're fine too. :thumbup: :flower:

My LP was 12/13 days when I concieved my LO, and that seems to have been my norm for a long time and obviously was long enough. Fingers crossed it gets back up nearer there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->