Safe and Effective Acne Treatments?

lovelymiss

First Time Mommy
Reaction score
So I've read that most acne products are not safe for pregnancy. I have AWFUL acne. Always have, and this month now that I'm pregnant... it's no different. Any recommendations?

Unfortunately there is nothing really safe to use. I've always had acne prone skin and was on a prescription benzoyl peroxide topical that I stopped when I got my bfp. Sadly I will tell you that my skin was an utter disaster the through my first tri but has gotten more manageable recently. I've been using non medicated scrubs, toner that just has alcohol as the active ingredient, and those oil blotting papers throughout the day. I've also been using "grease lightning" from Lush all over at night which I think helps keep oil production down while I sleep.

Oh and clay masks are your best friend! I used them every day at the peak of my oiliness and they really do help, now I'm back to two or three times a week.

There is stuff you can use Hun go to your dr I had too last time I was pregnant it was awful I got different strength creams and they were fab with helping me :thumbup: xxx

I have a topical benzoyl peroxide topical solution I switched to from antiobiotics when TTC as my doctor said this was fine due to it only being topical?

I use zineryt topical lotion. It's prescription only and has erythromycin and zinc in it. It's perfectly safe in pregnancy. It does take a couple of months to work so get it ASAP. My face got so badly infected in my first pregnancy and was incredibly painful and caused scarring. If that doesn't work or if your acne is really painful, erythromycin oral antibiotics can be used safely too. Definitely go and ask your gp :)

Any acne soap with benzo peroxide or salicylic acid are safe in pregnancy in the 2.5% or 5%

Only a tiny tiny portion is actually absorbed into your skin and after that your body breaks it down further and non will get to baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->