Safe to go away for night..almost 39 weeks pregnant?

Jcliff

Reaction score
so its my husband and i's anniversary weekend. this is probably the last weekend ( HOPEFULLY) we will be without a baby. We wanted to take a trip away for the night (2 hour drive), but im hesitant being away from my hospital. I mean, im pretty sure nothing is going to happen right now. Ive had no BH or anything yet, so I think were safe, but what do you all think? Thanks

I would prob go 2 hours is probably enough time to get back if anything was to start but make sure you take a car seat/hospital bag just in case x

I think you'd probably be fine and even if things start you'll have plenty of time from your first contraction to baby arriving. But if you're unsure, maybe you could go somewhere a little closer to home?

I'm going to a wedding when I will be 39+2 where I will be staying overnight. I'm just going to put my hospital bag in the car and hope for the best.

Enjoy your anniversary :)

I'd definitely go, I wouldn't put anything on hold unless medically advised.

Hospital bag & car seat in the car & away you go!

I definitely say go ! If something even starts to happen 2 hours should definitely be long enough for you guys to get home & get to the hospital.

Hey girl. Happy anniversary! :) I agree I would go. Keep your hospital bags in the trunk just in case. But since its your first, it's likely that even if you do go into labor, that 2 hrs would be enough time. ( you will probably be in labor more than 3 hours hehe)
So I say go and enjoy. It will keep your mind off the waiting game too!

Agree with the others. Have a nice time x

I say go and have a wonderful time. As pp's have said just remember your hospital bag etc. Enjoy :thumbup:

Go and have fun. Enjoy your anniversary and make the most of the time u have before baby comes. Just take hospital things in car just in case. Xx

I would deffo go :) its our anniversary on the 19th and il be 38 weeks and Im also hoping to get away for the ngt... hope u both have a lovely time

thanks all but after everything we decided to stay local and just go to dinner. my husband is paranoid lol

Aww my hubby more paranoid than me too lol! Hope you had a lovely dinner and a very happy anniversary! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->