Safe to take antibiotics at 38 wks?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I'm dying.... Literally :( pretty sure I have strep throat and a sinus infection going into my chest.... And my body is bruised....This all hit me yesterday.... Like a ton of bricks! Is this the flu they talk about before labor? I'm not one to take antibiotics, but I can't imagine going into labor feeling so terrible ... This can't be happening nowwwww!

Poor you! :( I can only imagine you must feel awful.
I had pneumonia last week at 30 weeks and took a 6 day course of augmentin 2x1 g per day! I was prescribed this in Switzerland where I was living so not sure if dosage would be different in the Uk but from what I researched they were safe in pregnancy!
Hope you feel better soon :flower:

Thanks so much! I'm in the us. I have taken it in early pregnancy, didnt know how that works for end of pregnancy though....
Here's another question.....
Is a never ending wipe losing plug ? Tmi there's so much ! Random contractions .... Cramps....

Your doctor won't prescribe antibiotics unless they are safe for you to take during pregnancy. I had a horrible cough when I was pregnant and it wouldn't shift; I had it for about two months. It got to the point where I was really struggling and the doctor didn't want me going into labour with the cough because it would make things a lot harder for me, so he gave me a round of antibiotics at about 36 weeks to kill it off and it worked.

They give antibiotics in labor if you have an infection, so I don't see why they'd be a problem for you now. Much better to see the doctor and get treated. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm on antibiotics at present for a kidney infection. The Dr was fine about prescribing them.

Thanks everyone! I can't get in with my regular dr, so just going to an urgent care.... Sometimes I don't think they acknowledge pregnancy the way they should there, they are just quick to write a script, so thought I'd ask first! Sooo miserable.... Need meds ASAP! Feel like baby is about to fall out!

Here they force you to go without most things if you're pregnant. It's good that they are being so careful but frustrating when women all around the world are being given these things and you can't have them. Express your concerns about the meds harming the baby though and I'm sure they will be able to reassure you

Thanks! I decided ill call my OB in the morning and ask him if he feels I should get meds or hold off .... Oddly I'm rooting for the meds right now!

Sounds like a good plan. I'd want to run specific antibiotics past someone who specializes in babies, I don't know if they're all safe.

Antibiotics are fine during pregnancy. It's just that different ones can b used at different points. What was safe at 20 weeks changes later in pregnancy. :) goodluck and feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->