Safest way to take fenugreek

wannabewillow

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm currently expressing and mix feeding my nearly 4 week old baby. Last week, I started taking fenugreek. I took 2 capsules 3 x daily for 2 days and notices a great return which meant she was practically EBF for a day, but this gave her (and me) really explosive poo and a sore tummy.

Now my supply is dwindling a wee bit, I'd like to try again, perhaps at a reduced dose, but I'm afraid that it will lead to the same thing again. Can any ladies advise the safest way to take it? Many thanks
Jojo x

I would say ease back into it. Instead of the 6 capsules a day, do 3. Also, I think dosage is based on mothers weight, so make sure you are only taking what your body needs.
Are you doing anything else to increase supply? Oatmeal and LOTS of water was how I first started to try to get my supply up. Be careful NOT to take things that cut your supply, like peppermint tea or foods with oregano.
When I came back to work, I started taking fenugreek once in the AM and once before bed and found that my supply stayed the same.

I'll be interested to see what others say. I stopped taking it because I wasn't even taking enough to notice the smell, and it gave me an upset stomach. I figured I was sensitive to it for some reason and it wasn't for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->