Sam & Gabby - my pretty little ones - 2/20/10

auntcarrie

Reaction score
My girls arrived a month early but none the worse for wear on 2/20/2010.

Samantha Kathleen - 5 lbs 7 oz
&
Gabriella Dee - 6 lbs 2 oz

They are both doing great! Been home almost 2 weeks now and despite the lack of sleep, we are all hanging in there.

---
Quick birth story:
I had a routine weekly OB appointment on 2/19 during which they discovered the protein in my urine was 2+ and my blood pressure was thru the roof. They immediately sent me over to the hospital for observation and decided about 3 hours later to schedule the C-section for 8am the next morning due to pre-eclampsia.

The overnight at the hospital was the worst!!! I was hooked up to 2 fetal monitors and a contraction monitor, was given a catheter, and had my blood pressure checked every 30 minutes. I think I slept about 15 minutes total. The babies kept moving, or I'd move, and the fetal monitors would disconnect. Ugh.

8am the next morning, things got going. The C-section itself wasn't too bad until the end - I had a slight panic attack on the table claiming I couldn't breathe (the epidural had started to reach the lungs, evidently, but everyone kept pointing out that I WAS in fact breathing). I also lost what they considered a lot of blood, but was really out of it due to the anti-anxiety medication they pushed into me during the panic attack...

Anyway! Samantha Kathleen came out screaming at 8:36am and Gabriella Dee at 8:37am. Gabby had the cord loose around her neck but taking the extra 30 seconds to remove it caused more fluid to get into her lungs, so she was the bigger girl but had to go up to the NICU for about 6 hours.

Luckily we were all reunited by 4pm that afternoon! They are both now doing great, 2+1/2 weeks on, and I am blessed with two beautiful little girls who I already can't imagine life without.

:cloud9::cloud9:

Oh many congratulations on your two little girls. Well done to you.

Need to post us a pic xxx

how lovely, big congrats! Expect you've got your hands full but a pic would be grat!

Aww congratulations i can't wait to see pics xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->