Santa plate

Stalking. I wanted to try to make one for DD and DS. Was going to buy one, but I love doing craft things.

I made one a couple of years back...went to my local pottery painting place and had great fun! And didn't work out too oricy either!

I have made one. I got a cheap plate out of wilkos (75p) and decorated using sharpie markers then baked in the oven 160 for 30 mins. Looks great.

I hear sharpies are good for drawing on plates and mugs etc

I tried sharpie on year, it just didn't stay on once I washed it. What did I do wrong?

Not sure, I've never used it, just been told you can. I bought some porcelain paint pens to do mugs one year.

Thanks for the ideas ladies. Id seen pins on pinterest for sharpie pens but read a lot of people saying the pen comes off in the wash. Might try some porcelain pens Ive seen on amazon.

if all else fails home bargains had some cute ones for 1.99. full plate size. obviously not personalized but still nice.

Thabks for the tip!! My craft attempts aren't always succesful ha ha!

I finished the Santa plate in case anyone wants to have a bash at it. I got the pens off Amazon, and bought a cheap plate at Tesco's. I also made one for my nephew. They look not too bad and heating the plates seems to have set the ink fine! I'm just on the look out for a cute wee milk bottle to go with them now.

https://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af345/Nicky_Stewart/Mobile%20Uploads/20151117_192156_zpshgp9ujf4.jpg

I'm hoping to make one soon x

They were really easy and look very cute. Ive ordered some milk bottles off amazon to go with them. My mums now got me making one for a lady at work's lo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->