Savannah Grace Thompson Birth Story + Pics

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Well i've got a few moment where I should be sleeping but thought i'd come on to share my story...

So at about 1:30am mon 22nd I woke up to a contraction, definately not what I thought they were going to be like. It wasn't period like cramps, I could feel my cervix working. So I waited for an hour and tried to get some sleep in case it wasn't anything, I knew if it was labour then it would continue. Couldn't sleep, so I woke mum (she's a mw) and asked her what I should do, my contractions were between 12-14mins apart and not regular so she said to try and sleep. That wasn't going to happen so I just went in and played on the computer and tried sleeping in between contractions.

They continued irregularly til about 7:30am when they started to get a bit more intense and coming regular, at this time my OH and mum were up and were keeping me company watching a movie. Went and had a spa at 8:30 for over an hour, it helped to relax me between contractions but tbh I don't think it helped during the contractions that much.

Anyways decided to go to the hospital at around 10, went to the loo before we left and had a whole heap of blood and stuff. Thought it was my waters but ended up being my bloody show.

Got to the hospital and was so tired, I think from all the blood loss of my show, so just laid down for a few mins then got onto all fours leaning over the ball with a heatpack. Helped until the contractions got worse then head to the shower. Spent the rest of the time in the shower (I feel bad now coz we're in a drought and here I was draining the dams, lol). The contractions were alot more intense and I asked for the gass and air, it made me almost faint so they turned it down (unbeknown to me at the time). Throughout the transition phase I was begging for an epidural, I seriously thought I wasn't going to last! Lol, I decided half-way through that I was going to lay down in the shower and have a sleep. Anyways, I got back up over the ball and also stood up, it moved things along alot more. Before I was about to start pushing I wanted some food; this amazed my mum who swore i'd only throw it back up so would only give me soup. She said in her 20yrs of eing a mw she has never had a woman ask for food just before pushing and especially not throw it up.

Anyways got through that finally. I felt when the head was coming, and tbh it was the easiest part of labour. I didn't push at all, just breathed her out which shocked my mw coz i'm a first timer. But pushing hurt more, yeah it hurt, but I didn't want any tears and I preferred to let her come out more naturally.

So Savannah Grace Thompson was born at 1:23pm on Mon the 22nd Sep 2008, weighing 7lb 9oz and 54cm long. She came out with a full head of gorgeous dark hair. My OH and mum cried when she was born, it was so cute; suprisingly I didn't though. She isn't breast feeding properly so we are feeding her out of a syringe until we can help her figure it out. It's so upsetting coz my mum is a lactation consultant so she should be feeding :(

Overall, it was the most painful experince I have ever had; but i'm proud of myself for doing it without drugs. And no screaming, swearing or yelling :) And being a mum is awesome!! I love her to bits.

Sorry, accidentally posted before adding pics.
The one of her by herself was about 6 hrs after she was born, the one of all 3 of us was her at a day old.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 170
COngrats Sarah, what a lovely birth story xx She is beautiful

awwww congrats shes beautiful & she a lovely birth story too xx

congratulations hun, lovey name, shes gorgeous. I wish id breathed her out like you! im still in agony strained my muscles pushing! well done xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->