"saving your romance from the dark clutches of infertility"

wannababycoop

Reaction score
I found this article online and wanted to share it with all of you. I also provided the link at the bottom. I did not write this and am not taking any credit for it. Hope you find it helpful!

One common misfortune that infertile couples encounter is a change in their attitude about love-making. You used to look forward to playfulness and affection in your romantic four-post canopy bed with satin sheets. But now it has become a place where you have to force yourself to do a chore. When that ovulation test turns positive, you now must have sex even if you’re tired and not feeling it that night. All the depression and frustration of infertility gets associated with that bed. Any misadventure or difficulty in consummating the baby-making chore gets amplified. One day, you discover to your horror that you start dreading looking at that bed because it reminds you of all the frustrations of your infertility problem. You also notice a gradual loss of intimacy and your loving relationship starts to be threatened. Hopefully, before this happens, you realize it and address it by communication and discussion. Hopefully, before it gets worse, you solve your fertility problem and finally get pregnant, either with medical help or on your own.
Meanwhile, one tip to dampen this problem begins with understanding the strong power of association. For example, if in your past, you had a terrible argument at a certain restaurant with your ex which resulted in a horrendous breakup from a 6-year relationship and months of crying every night afterwards, it would be no surprise that every time you happen to drive past that particular restaurant, you start getting headaches and chills. Another example is when my dogs witness me pick up my running shoes, they go wild because they associate that act with the expectation that immediately I’m going to put on those shoes and take the dogs with me for a fun jog.

So keep your marital bed as a place for love and romance and playing. If your LH test turns positive and it’s time to do the baby dance, assess your mood. If you both feel happy and amorous, then fine, enjoy the experience in bed. However, if either of you is tired, not in the mood or otherwise harboring any negative feelings and begrudgingly going to go through the mechanical motions for the sake of the fertility goal, then find another location such as the guest room or the couch. This way, the sacred marital bed remains the place for good things.

https://fertilityfile.com/2011/01/27/saving-your-romance-from-the-dark-cluches-of-infertility/

I don't think our sofa is up to our love making. I really, really don't.

Makes good logical sense!!!

Although I'm not a fan of DTD unless me and hubby are in the mood. But then I'm at the very early stages of TTC and we are also pretty active in that department anyway generally!

I don't think our sofa is up to our love making. I really, really don't.

LOL! Could you imagine having company and someone saying "your couch feels odd" haha. My hubby and I haven't had a problem yet in the sexy time dept. but IF ttc does become a chore I'm going to try and "mix things up" maybe dress like a ninja...he really likes ninjas haha :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->