Saying the wrong answer on purpose

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi all,

My daughter turns 4 in August and due to start school this year. When we do things together that she gets from her magazine, such as circle the biggest object or circle the number 7. She knows the answer but purposely does the wrong one.

I know she knows it as she'll look at me and giggle as she's doing it, and then laugh and say I circled number 8.

Or while laughing she'll say is that the right one? And I say no, so she says is that the right one, avoiding the right answer

I'm just concerned once at school, she'll circle or put the wrong answer thinking it's funny, and they think she genuinely doesn't know it!

Without telling her off and making learning boring how do I show her not to give the wrong answer on purpose??

Abby did this for a wee while, but she has grown out of it now. I just used to ask her if she thought it was the right one and she usually picked the right one eventually. Or just say "wrong one, try again" in a light tone.

We have a related issue now though, which I'm just about to post about!

I bet once she's in that structured environement and around other kids her age, she'll do just fine hun. I know my LO will do things at daycare she'd goof around with at home. I know she'll try more foods or use the potty more- cause the other kids are doing it (for example).

If the teachers had any concerns, they should discuss them with you and get your insight. But I can imagine they deal with so many kids- they'd pick up on her being silly over not understanding. If that makes sense :)

Omar was the same at home, but at school he doesn't play up, when we took him for school assessment at 3.2 yrs he circled all the right answers, he answered questions & he did great.

At school he is a bit quiet, but he is good at following instructions & getting the right answers when he's asked.

At home he refuses to read some times, they are not at the reading stage at school, but as he's advanced for his age, his teacher asks him to read as part of his evaluation. His end of year assessment went great, he counted to 100, he recognised all double numbers & he read a book. All other children were assessed on their knowledge of basic letters, numbers & colours.

I would of thought that when she's in school she won't deliberately give the wrong answer. I know that my son is totally different in school than he is at home.

Sounds like a lovely game she has going on. .. personally I would go with it. Change the rules to what is NOT a 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->