Scan at 7 weeks, questions.

P

Princess_3

I've booked a scan next week at 7+2, as I fly to NYC and want to see if it's viable before I go. However, my last period was around 28th Dec-30th, my question is, I've read quite a few times that people have gone and they've put them back a week or so and can't see much, if we work out our dates from our last period, and we know round abouts when it was, why are people put back? I'm dreading my scan as apart from tender boobs ,weeing more, stretching cramps I'm fine, and with my little boy I had serious food aversions and felt icky. But I can't remember when that started.
Thank you for reading xx

People can be put back if they ovulate later in their cycle or if implantation takes longer than usual. At 7w2d, even if you are put back, you should still see something. I had a scan at 5w6d (by lmp), but was put forward to 6w2d and saw a heartbeat. Apparently, I ovulate earlier in my cycle than the norm of CD14, which is what they go by. So it can go either way. GL

They just use lmp as a geared date.....every One ovulates and implants differently. My lmp was 12/13 which places me at 8w3d, in actuality I'm 7w5d. If your lmp is putting you around 7 weeks then at your scan you should see "something"

hi, had my l menstrual start on Dec24.
I went for internal and external scan Yesterday
No Fetal pole Found
No Heartbeat Found Just a SAC
DR Said HCG Level Low just 10,000

Is ThisNORMAL????

i wouldnt say that is normal no? as that places you at just under 7 weeks, should b able to see something?

Yeah the lmp is just when they start calculating the gestation, but its not accuarate on when the development period starts as its hard to know exactly when conception happens which is why they do it by lmp. So that is why some are "put back" because their ovulation wasnt right at cd 14. So you may be at say 7wks 1day, but for development its at 6wks 6 days etc. So its completely normal for it to not be the exact.

see . exactly.... that's what I thought
the DR didn't outright say it was amiscarriage....but I said.... is this a viable pregnancy... and he said well maybe iit's still too early lets test your levels in a day
????
NO Heartbeat and No Pole.. just a sac... and this was with an internal Scan too.... it was measuring 5mm and HCG was just 10,000

but to not see ANYTHING at this stage... just a sac. ? I thought heartbeat started at 21-28 days? 4 weeks... I am so confused... allll symptoms of miscarriage EXCEPT bleeding.

i thought 10,000 was good? do you feel pregnant? any bleeding? cramping?

very strange but maybe you your a few weeks out, i don't know what else to suggest?do you have any pregnancy symptoms??

Not bleeding.
but back aches naseau cramps.
We should be around the same stage... did you have a scan... what did you see?
I am curious to know what your dr says. I am so confused.
I hope you find a heartbeat and a fetal pole and everything is wonderful

I have a scan next Tuesday, but for some reason have a bad feeling. My symptoms are, tender mild nipples, weeing lots, bloating, constipation, expanding stomach, hot flushes, but all very mild, i had major food aversions and felt queezy with my lo, i think they may not see anything, i would have waited a week or so longer but we go to NYC next Thurs and wanted reassurance x

Your levels seem to be very good! I wouldn't stress too much as long as you're not bleeding... maybe baby is located far back in your uterus that they have a difficult time picking up the heartbeat? Idk just a thought... hope all goes well!

How are you feeling today?
May I ask when your last period started?
Mine was dec 24 2014

and I had some implantation spotting January 26.

How do Dr know if we are at 6-7 weeks?

may I please ask if you know what your HCG levels were?
so much on internet conflicting.

Almost everyone including Dr said at an HCG level of 10,000 = they expect to see a fetal pole and a heartbeat.... but I had Neither.
I am worried as I go back for more bloodwork and hopefully a scan today.

just would rather have information... what have your doctors sais is normal ( since we should be around same stages)

My lmp was December 24th as well. I go in for my 7 week scan tomorrow afternoon. I'm really hoping for good news, but I'll be sure to update with any information I get from the appointment.

My lmp was December 24th as well. I go in for my 7 week scan tomorrow afternoon. I'm really hoping for good news, but I'll be sure to update with any information I get from the appointment.

I am anxious to heart your news. praying for a good healthy heartbet on your scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->