Scan tomorrow - update

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Got my 36 week growth scan and consultant appointment tomorrow. Hoping lo is still measuring well. Will also be discussing possible early induction and risks involved with induction after c section. Can they check dilation from a scan? I'm just intrigued to know if anythings happening! I'm fairly confident she's dropped, but wanted to know if she was actually engaged. I have growth scans every 4 weeks, so there's every possibility tomorrow might be my last before she's here!! Eeek, scary!!

I do t think they will check your cervix unless requested by doctor/midwife. I asked at my 32 week scan to see how long my cervix was and they said no. Your midwife will check to see if babes is engaged next appointment with her and I'm not sure when cervical checks start over there but my midwife won't do one for me until 39 weeks invade it put me Into labour early. Update with your scan results Hun and gl xxx

I have a scan tomorrow too :) ill be 34w 5days im hoping little man is head down! Really stressing about that! I was going to ask my dr if I've dilated at all sice I've neen having tons of bh
I don't think they can tell from the ultrasound

Scan went well, estimated weight of 5lb 11oz at the moment. Met with my consultant afterwards. We discussed induction next week, and the option of c section. After discussing the risks and benefits of both, at the moment we've decided to wait and see if she comes on her own. She's 2/5ths engaged, but he said they don't class it as engaged until 3/5ths, but at least she's heading in the right direction!! Even though I've had a c section he's said I can start drinking raspberry leaf tea. Because of the problems with delivery ward closing, he's told us to try as much as possible to get her here next week, but there's no guarantees anything will work. Just pleased she's looking healthy and growing well. x

That's wonderful Hun. Hopefully she will come on her own but if she doesn't you will be well looked after. How exciting, she is nearly here!! Xxx

Wonderful news! Her weight exceeds my DD's birth weight already! I hope you can deliver her at your hospital before they close the delivery ward, and still have the kind of birth you want. :flower:

I can't believe she's already double Joshua's birth weight!! I know its only estimated, but we know she won't be as small as he was, which is promising x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->