Scared about labour #2!

Stephannie

Reaction score
I gave birth nearly 8 years ago when I was ust 15 and didn't really know much about pregnancy/giving birth etc I wasn't scared and thankfully had a really easy labour! (It was only 8 hours, gas & air + pethadine!)

Now I feel asif I know everything there possibly is to know, how good it can be, what can go wrong, complication etc.

I know I have agggges left to go but it seems to be flying now and every day I just get more scared :(

Any advice?x

sorry no advicebut your not alone, i knew everything for my first birth but was just happy to take labour as it comes, well i ended up with an emergency forceps delivery cos his hr dropped so low, it was traumatic and had a complicated recovery.

now im worried the same thing is gonna happen.

Thanks for your reply :) Im sorry to hear it was so traumatic last time! I really hope this time is much easier for you cc

My only advice would be to voice your concerns to whoever your caregiver is. Remember that worry is the work of pregnancy, and the way you're feeling is the way almost every woman feels before giving birth! Relax, write your feelings down and ask all the questions you can think of. You're entitled to answers, and you're entitled to feeling better, happier and more secure about the process.

Hang in there!

Thank you so much! Love you pic btw!

Im going to see my midwife in a week or so, so ill question her like mad loll xx

I think thats really common for second time Mummys. I did not think about it much first time round and then was induced and nearly had a c-section. This was horrible for me as I have a genuine fear of being awake and being operated on! Silly I know but I was so petrified when I had to sign the consent form. So much so I pushed so hard that my little boy finally came out after hours of pushing! I know my birth was not anwhere near traumatic as some mums but it did give me a taster of what could go wrong.

I am happy to say though my second birth was a good as I think it could have been and that has set me mind at rest for my third and I am not thinking about birth this time. Certainly not thinking about the possiblity of having a section in an emergency. I will have to deal with that then if it happens!

My advice would be to have a good chat with your midwife and take their advice. Be clear about your birth plan but flexible to whatever happens. I think if you set your expectations too high, sometimes it can be harder to deal with when things dont go quite as they were supposed to. And try to relax and enjoy you pregnancy, after all you have got a way to go. Remember it will all be worth it! (I know thats what they all say!)

Take care. x

I was thinking I was alone in this. I always thought that if I had a good first birth I wouldn't be nervous at all but now I think about when we will have a second and instead of thinking it will go the same I keep asking myself 'What if it doesn't go the same?' I guess it is the same with all things to do with having children. You think about how nice it will be to stop worrying after the 1st trimester and then after the birth and then after they are a bit older and less fragile but the worrying never stops.

I've always heard that it's much easier the second time around, if that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->