Scared! and screwed...

LexyCris

Reaction score
I'm 16 years old and recently found out im preg :/ I'm scared because of many reasons: I'm too young, how am i gonna tell my parents?!, and im "TINY". People say i look younger and that im tiny! How am i supposed to carry a child when i'm like this?! Im about 5'2 and i weight 96 pounds and im really skinny! I feel like im screwed... :cry: :wacko: :nope:

Hey Hun :flower:
First of all, try not to stress :) secondly, us women's bodies were literally made for making, carrying and birthing babies! I am 5"3', so a bit taller than you, but I wouldn't be worrying about that unless your doctor expresses any concern over it :) Do you know how far along you are? :hugs:

Hi jessica! As far as i know i'm about 2 weeks, still pretty early. I wouldn't be very concerned if people wouldn't just randomly point out how skinny and short i am -.- and my 19 year old cousin got pregnant (she is now happily married with a 4 month old) and i remember she said if i ever got preg that i would need shots every week so both me and the baby are healthy because of how skinny i am.

Hi! Like jesssika said, try not to stress. Proportionally, I'm the same size as you. 5'5 and 100lbs. I was really scared about that as well, but I'm actually pretty surprised at how my body has changed and adjusted to the baby. Jesssika's right, our bodies, no matter what shape or size, is designed to carry a child (unless said otherwise by a doctor). With my first pregnancy, I was 16 as well - and terrified. But things worked out, and while it was tough, I was able to get things positive until sadly it ended in mc. I know how you feel about telling your parents, I only just told my mom a few days ago, but she was so supportive it surprised me. I thought for sure she'd scream and end up not talking to me, but it ended in a completely different way. They'll have to adjust to the thought of you being pregnant, and while it's going to be hard, it'll all be worth it in the end! If you need anything feel free to pm me. :) My name's Caitie, I'm 18, and I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant.

Edit: People used to point out I was "sooooo skinny" too. I wouldn't worry about it. 8)

Congratulations and Welcome.

Im Lisa, aged 20, married, and I have a 3 year old, and am 33 weeks today with our son.
Youll tell your mom, because you have to. Parents can sometimes surprise you with how they react... I found out I was pregnant the first time, the day before my 17th birthday...[end in an mmc], and everyone took it well, as well as my subsquent pregnancies.
Being little in weight wont have any bearing as to how you successfully carry a pregnancy or not, your OB will just recommend you gain a little extra to help. Sorry its been such a shock to you. Itll get better, and your by no means "screwed"
:hugs:

thank you soo much guys! i feel a bit better already. :thumbup: i know my mom is gonna take it better than my dad... but lets see how it goes..

This forum is great for making you feel better about pretty much anything :haha: good luck with the family, I still haven't told mine!

gl hun! praying all goes well with u and ur family! I wanna also say congrats on ur pregnancy :)

First off let me start by saying congrats on your little jelly bean, and welcome! I'm Kendra, I'm 22 and 6 weeks along with my very first. :)

First off, every women's body is made to carry a baby. From our hip bones to the way our fat is distributed - it's all a little factory for making babies! My friend was 5'8 and about 110 lbs when she found out she was pregnant. To say she was skinny is an UNDERSTATEMEMT. She had a healthy baby boy and now has a healthy baby girl! :) Like everyone else has reassured you, I'm sure you're fine.

Secondly, when I first told my mom she was shocked and took it a little badly. I'd actually posted about it a few days ago. But she's starting to come around and get excited as this is her first grand baby. I haven't told my dad yet, but if he plans on being a part of my child's life, he'll cut the bullshit and won't say anything hell regret! Families surprise you :). Don't worry, it's not the end of the world and you're not completely screwed.

Hey hun,
I'm a little taller than you I'm about 5'8, but I'm really skinny before I got pregnant I was about 102. So I wouldn't worry too much about your size you'll be fine. It was well put in another comment that our bodies were made to make babies. And I understand you're young and worried about what your parents and everyone will think, but just try to stay calm and stress free. If you're happy about having a child just take it one day at a time. I'm a little older, I had my first child at 18 and my family looked down upon me for getting pregnant but now they love my son and I don't regret having him at all. I hope everything works out for you and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Firstly welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:

I was 16 when I fell pregnant, and I gave birth at 17. I'm over 5'9, but your body is designed to adapt to carrying a child so try not to worry! :)

I text my mum and turned my phone off, such a bad idea! If you really can't tell your parent face-to-face maybe write a letter? :hugs:

One of my friends is literally so skinny her hip bones jut out dramatically. She recently had her baby, and birthed him naturally! :hugs:

im 15 i turn 16 in October i got pregnant in septemeber i was 14 and turned 15 in October, my mom was quiet and worried and upset but she's in love with her grand daughter now and your body is meant to birth a baby no matter your size, it will be hard to tell your parents but im sure you can get through it. My names Bethany and im due June 18th with a baby girl who were naming Sadie Mae:) Pm if you need to talk <3

Hey, I'm all tiny and stuff too, at my first appointment they worked my bmi to be 16.8. I was worried about my ability to give birth too, but their only concern seemed to be about me having a low birth weight baby. Well I ended up giving birth at 36 Weeks to my 6lb3 daughter and had no problems getting her out :) your body adapts as your pregnancy progressed to deal with it, my hips got wider so Imogen could fit through them, and they're still wider now :L (only just.fit my uk size 8 shorts :L ) I'm sure you'll be fine, your body knows what its doing :)

Congrats hun!
I'm Lisa, 19 & I have a 5 week old son.
Things will get better your probably in shock yourself right now, and when you tell your parents are chances are they will be too but more than likely they will end up being supportive of you and your child good luck!
And like everybody has said your body was made to carry and birth a child no matter shape or size, as long as you eat well and take care of yourself you will have a healthy baby. When I got pregnant I was 5ft8in 110 pounds and I never thought my body could handle it either but I gave birth to a healthy 7lb6oz baby!

I'm 16 years old and recently found out im preg :/ I'm scared because of many reasons: I'm too young, how am i gonna tell my parents?!, and im "TINY". People say i look younger and that im tiny! How am i supposed to carry a child when i'm like this?! Im about 5'2 and i weight 96 pounds and im really skinny! I feel like im screwed... :cry: :wacko: :nope:

Hi so sorry you are going through this , if you want to chat you can email me
sincerely michelle:hugs:

Congratulations! Don't panic, have faith and confidence in yourself as you can do this! :hugs:

Don't put off telling your parents, the more support you have, the better.

As for your body, don't worry, women of all sizes adapt to pregnancy - the awesomeness of brining life into the world. If you're concerned, when you get a midwife, discuss those concerns with her and she'll put your mind at ease.

Best of luck :)

i am that exact height and weight and worry about that too. tho im almost 28. Anyway, my when my friend was pregnant she was skinnier and slightly taller than you and you couldn't tell she was pregnant from behind. when i'd bump into her in town i was always shocked when she turned around, like i almost forgot. but it looked a really cute bump on her so i don't think you should lose sleep over it. x

Hey toots, don't stress. Stress isn't good for the new life inside of you. How did you find out your were pregnant?

You need to find someone you trust to tell so that you can properly nourish this little bean inside of you and see doctors regularly. Yes you can do that on your own, but you would be better off with a trusting, helping hand.

Don't worry sweets. You are going to carry that baby just fine.

:hugs:

One of my best friends is very short and insanely skinny. She can wear kids clothes lol and she has had 2 very healthy babies. So I wouldn't worry, hun. :)

Happy and healthy 9 months <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->