• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scared im going to lose it, iugr

Keza

Reaction score
So im 30+2 weeks pregnant. Ive been having growth issues since 26 weeks went in yesterday with lack of movement. Had another emergency growth scan today as bump is still measuring 26cm. Scan has show my baby has now dropped below the 10th centile. Im beyond myself with worry. The doctors wont take baby out and I have to wait 2 more weeks for another scan. Anyone been through this? I cant take the worry!

I haven't had to deal with this, I'm sorry you're going through this just didn't want to read without replying though, I'd be beyond myself with worry as well. :hugs:

So sorry to hear. Normally, the longer baby stays in, the better. If you feel follow up is below standard, demand extra care & extra growth scans. Ask for weekly instead of biweekly follow up. Ask questions. If doctors don't know, ask them to find out. Is bloodfow through cord okay, is cord fine, how's the condition of yr placenta, whats baby's weight, when will doctor consider early delivery, etc etc ... Let us know how you get on.

I lost my daughter at 9 days old due to iugr and my son was stillborn at 29 weeks because of the same thing. What does baby weigh at the moment? And how is his placenta doing? Xx

My little girl had iugr starting around 29 weeks. I had fortnightly growth scans with dopplers of the cord. I wasn't induced until 37 weeks when her growth really slowed down, even though she was small on all the scans. We had a week of special care for low blood sugar and all was well. She weighed 4lb 10 xx

I'm currently 30 weeks and my baby just measured on the 6th percentile. I've been on the other end of things as I spent some time in the midwifery field and at this point I'm not too concerned. In my experience, more times than not everything tends to turn out okay. Providing the doppler assessment of the cord flow was good in your last ultrasound, biweekly ultrasounds are fairly standard protocol though I wouldn't hesitate to go back for additional monitoring if the movements remain scarce.

At this point in time, baby has to be in really really really bad shape for them to thrive better out than in. SGA/IUGR preemies tend not to fair as well as their normal growth counterparts. Hopefully, it won't get to that point for any of us xx

Hi hun my 6 yr old was iugr discovered at 36 weeks!! But I'm convinced this was missed & should have been picked up sooner my bump was tiny! I was induced a week later & she was 4lb 3ozs when born but perfect in every way she needed some special care (a hot cot to ensure Temps stayed up) but was totally fine. I'm so pleased she stayed in till she was 37 weeks in mumma is normally best at this stage. I think it's to do with lung maturity. You have to trusts docs which is so hard but they don't neglect you if they see something terribly wrong. I asked a ton of questions if you need reassurance ask away. I hope all goes well stay strong hun xx

Pm me.

I had a iugr baby.. born at 4lbs.

It's a difficult thing to go through but my little man is now three and thriving. I was induced as my son had stopped growing not just restricted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->