Scared of #2 with stitches.. Advice n tips??

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Right. So I had a handful of stitches to go right up to my bum..they said it was 2nd degree as it had torn a bit of muscle towards my bum

Before I went in to be induced I tried to have a BM so I didn't feel the need to during labour but nothing was ready to come.. I tried once I was at hospital but again didn't need one. I was paranoid the whole time during labour because obviously the pressure makes you feel like you need one. I haven't had a BM since 28th (night before my induction)

Weeing isn't as bad as I was expecting but I'm scared a #2 will be painful..

I was even too scared to pass wind! But I have and again, not bad..

I'm gonna attempt but I can't tell if I neeeeeeed one because it all feels so alien down there now!

Anyway I can make this bearable n easier??? I'm gona have a shower n salt water bathe my stitches after to ensure it stays extremely clean. I'm just scared how close the stitches get!!!

Don't try to have one, pushing hurts! just (tmi) wait until it's literally ready to come out and it's not so bad. use a wet wipe and then shower afterwards and stitches will be fine x

I was given stool softeners while at the hospital which helped a lot! I'm 12 days post partum and while I've had a bit of constipation (TMI sorry) it does get more normal feeling!

It's a strange feeling cuz I almost can't tell if I need one yet. I've managed to pass wind a bit more today. I just had a wee and that made me wanna cry it touched a sensitive area.. So much for it not being too bad!

When I had stitches the stitching guy put his finger up there and asked me to squeeze, so I know the muscles are okay..

I even got a wet wipe over my finger and checked again myself because it almost feels.. Numb but also painful at the same time. And I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything there ready and waiting, which there isn't yet. Didn't feel like there was. But I feel numb down there! It's so strange.

How long after is like.. Okay to go without having one? How many days delay did you have?? I dont usually go longer than 2-3 days! And I'm scared it'll be worse if it takes any longer!

After birth with the help of stool softeners it was around day 2 that I was able to go. After that its been around every 2 - 3 days. I was also fairly gassy right afterwards too, so that sounds pretty normal to me.

I second stool softeners. I'm still taking them 13 weeks pp! I know what you mean about the numb/uncomfortable sensation. It does fade away. While you definitely don't want to strain, don't hold it in either (sometimes you can do this unconsciously, as weird as that sounds), because the longer your poop sits inside you the more dry and hard it will get, which translates to a difficult ( painful) experience passing it. I also recommend drinking as much water as you can and eating as much fibre as possible. You tend to be bunged up after giving birth anyway, so I really don't think you could overdo the fibre. Good luck! ( if it's any consolation, my first bm after both my pregnancies wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. And I was horrendously constipated while pregnant.)

Gonna try and have lots of Orange juice and water today and hopefully something will come just so I can say I've had one. I'm surprised I don't have a tummy ache. I'm surprised I didn't #2 on delivery.. I don't think I did and she didn't tell me.. If I had then it would make sense why my belly doesn't hurt and I haven't needed to go because I mainly picked at things after delivery, so haven't eaten massive amounts to make me need to go in the first place.

Fingers crossed today is the day and hopefully it's not as scary as I think! Gonna take paracetomol beforehand!

How long does it take for like you to heal together? So there's less risk of your stitches/tear coming apart???

Drink tons and tons of water, and a stool softener. I didn't listen and boy did I wish I had. Honestly the first time for me was just awful I did however have stitches inside and out in my bottom. It got to the point where my body just pushed it out, it hurt like hell but I felt so much better afterwards. Hold a pad over your stitches as much as you can. I also found it helpful to cry :haha: just try to relax (easier said than done I know) but the more tense you are the worse it will be. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->