Scared of csection!

Come_Bebe

Reaction score
So with my first I had 12 hours of labor no pain meds doctor forced epidural it failed 2 times. So I was rushed into ER Csection. Then had many complications after. I'm 33 days away from my scheduled csection and super scared any positive feedback for moms who have done csections. I also don't want the catheter!!! It caused me sooo many infections. So scared! :(

I've had 2 emergency sections and booked in for my 3rd. It will all be fine- it's going to happen so try to just relax and enjoy it. I've heard planned sections are a breeze compared to emergency ones as well xx

I was so scared this time around... I went in to the hospital to get monitored for less movement and they seen i was having contractions every two minutes... which ended me up getting a c-section that night... I was so scared!! I lost all my color in my face when they told me and started having anxiety attacks.. but the procedure was quick and done before i knew it. I'm sure all will be ok. Just try to relax and just remember you'll be meeting your LO as soon as it is over. :)

I just had my first c section last Friday - and I will say I was super nervous too and scared. I will say it wasn't pleasant but we have a beautiful baby and I'm home. :) My only bad experience was with the spinal injection. I know for some people it goes smooth as rain but for me it did not. I also didn't like laying on the table just waiting for them to close me up ... I was incredibly anxious to get out! :)

However, after the spinal - everything went fine. I had even been taking aspirin to thin my blood right up till the c section and that was ok too...didn't have any bleed outs or problems. They did have a small area of my incision that didn't want to stop bleeding but they were able to get that taken care of too.

Recovery wasn't bad either. Personally, I seem to have bad reactions to narcotics and the morphine they gave me into my spinal apparently made me very sick. I was only allowed water afterward and every time I drank water or ate ice chips I would just vomit up the water. I was pretty dizzy and nauseated (even with nausea meds) for the first 8 hours or so but it wasn't horrible. I didn't hold the baby much in that time cause I was afraid I'd barf on him.

Once they gave me some chicken noodle soup and some crackers I perked right up and all the nausea stopped. So, that made me happy.

I did NOT want a catheter either because I get UTI's very very easily. However, it was unavoidable... but the trick is to get the damn thing out as fast as possible! As soon as I got the nausea under control I was up out of my bed. Once they saw I could hold down food and get up and walk around without falling over they told me I could get the catheter out. I had my c section at 1PM on Friday and by Saturday morning at 6 AM, I had them remove it. I was able to pee on my own bout 5 minutes after them removing it.

So, all in all it was an ok experience. I don't regret it... I think my vagina would have gotten really messed up from giving birth to my mammoth son. :) My pain levels at home are tolerable... I'm only taking ibuprofen for it and I'm getting by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->