Scared of everything :(

xblondiex

Reaction score
Hi just joined today I was wondering is it safe to use foam fake tan? Im 12 weeks this saturday and scared to death or having an allergy to it whats the worst that could happen? Im scared to even paint my nails heard so many horror stories :(

Don't worry about painting your nails, that's totally safe.
My OH'S mum is a beauty therapist and told me not to use fake tan till the 2nd trimester so I waited it out even though it was painful being pale:haha:
I think the only think that would happen is that your skin would react, our skin is much more sensitive when pregnant so fake tan may not work the same way it used to. However I've tanned a few times and it's always come out just fine, I use fake bake now and not my good old cheap stuff just to make sure:flower: x

Thanks so much thats reassured me a lot iv just done a patch test of st moriz never used this tan before but it was the only foam that looked good. Just got to wait and see now x

I used to use St Moritz religiously as do all my friends:haha: The only people I know who have had a reaction are those who have experienced reactions with other tans. Good luck! X

Have you use it while pregnant? Aww thanks i should be fine then never had a prob before :) x

I was exactly the same as you when I was pregnant just wanted to keep myself in a safe bubble away from everything! :dohh: :haha: I myself would do a wee patch somewhere and see how that goes? And if you are too scared to even do that just ask your midwife, that's what they are there for! To answer all our silly little questions and reasure us of any worries we have! as well as everything else they are there for :haha: my midwife used to laugh at me with all the random questions I asked her :haha:

Haha thats exactly what im like i wont event touch prawn coctail crisps 'just incase' haha. My midwife was ill and now iv got to wait another 4 weeks got a list as long as my arm of questions to ask lol x

Haha well if you ever have any questions I'm happy to advice you best as I can :flower: just give me a pm on this, I usually check it every day so you won't have to wait long for a response ☺ x

I use the self tanners that are like a lotion. I haven't had any bad reactions or heard anything that you can't use them. I also was scared of everything and am still very cautious with things. I lost one and don't want to compromise this pregnancy in any way.

I read in what to expect that the only issue is that your skin changes so the color might come out differently than it did in the past. So definitely patch test it!

Thanks everyone helped loads �� my patch test is showing ok so looks like itll work. Sorry about you losing last time I also did the nurse told me sometimes no mater how careful you are its just natures way so im gonna try not to worry as much x

I got a light gradual tanner, i went so dark like i'd been away for a week to barbados lol! I only put it on my legs just incase. i'm really careful with things too. i think its natural as soon as you see a positive test to become protective xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->