scared of Fireworks

alibaba24

Reaction score
So i know kids get scared of fireworks. they are big and loud etc but im suprised at my DD shes 5 now and really wanted to go and see them. To be fair this was her first proper display. my friends husband done some fireworks last weekend and she happily watched them and loved them (it was only a few smaller ones) But when they started tonight she kind of got scared but when they started to build up she was really really upset crying and wanting to leave. I feel bad for her I geniunely though she would love it she seemed so happy with the previous ones and really wanted to go

anyone else

Ben absolutely hates them. I took him to display 2 years ago, so he was nearly 4 and he hid in his buggy under a blanket the entire time. I was going to try again this year but we were actually on holiday.

We got back yesterday and the neighbours set some off and he screamed my house down! He just hates the loud noises and kept saying they would fall on our house and hurt us. Maybe next year at nearly 7 he might change his mind!!

Thomas loved themed last year and signed about them for months afterwards. This year he was really excited and helped us pick which ones to buy. Bonfire night came we let off one he screamed ran in the opposite direction shouting no no no he started gagging like he was going to be sick and ended up hiding on the sofa. He is utterly terrified BUT was happy to watch other peoples fireworks from the window.

We went to my friends firework party on Friday and her five (almost six) year old was terrified and hid in the house.

Thomas loved themed last year and signed about them for months afterwards. This year he was really excited and helped us pick which ones to buy. Bonfire night came we let off one he screamed ran in the opposite direction shouting no no no he started gagging like he was going to be sick and ended up hiding on the sofa. He is utterly terrified BUT was happy to watch other peoples fireworks from the window.

This is exactly how my DD was, she was gagging and ran off, she insisted on having a bath and lay under the water crying :(. We'd had quite a few go off nearby the weekend before which she loved watching and some were let off this weekend and she was fine.

DS is 4, he has been going on about fireworks and was super excited but he was pretty nervous when it came to it. He said he enjoyed them (I missed them as I was with DD) but was also scared.

My 4 year old was really scared too. He was really excited as instead of going into the actual display (we decided against it as we'd need a pushchair for ds2 and there would be too many people) we were going to watch it from the pub next door's car park. He literally spent all day asking when we were going but as soon as they started he wanted to go back inside and refused to watch them

My oldest son has always been scared of them. We tried him at a display 2 yrs ago I think, he was screaming as soon as they started so we left. This year he said they were very noisy so we showed him videos on YouTube with the sound off. He has asked every night since November 5th whether there will be fire works, it's obviously played on his mind a lot.

We took DD last year when she just turned 5 and she hated the noise too. To be honest I should have expected it as she hates loud noises including balloons in case they pop! She likes to watch it on telly or from the car and has no problem with the firework displays at Disneyland but I guess they dont really go with a bang and have nice disney songs playing to it so she enjoys that. Im not going to be taking her for a long time now!

I hated the noise as a child. Loved watching from the car ( which deadens the noise) I think I was about 6 before I watch the local display from the park rather than the car.

Thanks everyone it's a comfort to know she's not alone with this x

How is she now alibaba? Thomas is still signing for them. Poor guy. Maybe we will try again at new year.

She's fine as soon as we got back to the car she settled down she has said a day or 2 after that she was scared but has forgotten about it now thankfully . I think it is a good idea to try again as u never know when they will turn a corner

Def try again. The noise of some fireworks is so so loud I'm sure their must be lots of adults who didn't like fireworks as young children. I also think kids hearing may be slightly more sensitive to the noise if that makes sense.

Tbh I don't like the noise, I'd be much happier if they were silent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->