Scared of premature baby

tabitha561

Gary,CAYLEE,Zoey,Beetle
Reaction score
Im 31 weeks on thursday... Im really scared I might have a premature baby. They think I have Preclampsia. My Blood pressure has been really high. What would happen if I have the baby at 34-35 weeks.. The Doctor put me on bedrest until then. What do you girls think?

34-35 weeks is a very good gestation. Where i live, once you hit 34 weeks they dont even do steroids, so theres a good sign!
Its hit or miss i guess if they would need a lil help breathing but all in all you'd be looking at about a weeks stay, if baby is well! My best mate (and member on here) had a 34 weeker when i had my preemie. She was out within a week, and healthy and happy :)

34-35 weeks would be a pretty good outcome. :thumbup: My Noodle was born at 28 1/2 weeks. 60 days in the NICU and he's perfectly fine. :D

TBH I would be delighted if my next one was born anytime after 30 weeks.

I had Ellie by emergency section at 33weeks 3 days. she was delivered due to her size and the blood flow was slowing from me to the baby she was 4lb 3oz at birth but on day 3 stoppped breathing and need resusitated due to a really bad infection and she dropped to 3lbs. she ahd a tubing feed for 5 weeks and in an incubator for 3 then moved to a heated cot for 1 week as she couldnt keep her own body temp then the next week we were told to get ready for her coming home. she is now 20 weeks ( 13 corrected) and a very happy baby at 11lb 5oz she is still very small xx

I had pre eclampsia as well - it was discovered at 25 weeks and Sophie was born at 27 exactly. She's now a year old and doing brilliantly. She spent 7 weeks in ICU, 3 in HDU and 2 in special care but it would be a very different story for 34-35 weeks - that's a really good gestation so try not to worry too much if you can help it. My friend had her baby at 34 weeks after developing pre eclampsia, and he was just in special care for a few days then home.

I take it they are going to be monitoring you closely and have told you all the symptoms to look out for?

xxxxx

I don't have preeclampsia but my twins are trying to come early- I have done TONS of looking in to early/preterm babies- after 32 weeks odds go up significantly and after 33 the big scsary ones all but go away- My goal right now is to make it to 33 weeks (One week 5 days from now!) But of course anything past that is all good too! Get yourself to 33 and then count every extra day as a blessing :hug:

When I was at the hospital in labour with my LO I was 28+4 and the doctors kept telling me not to panic 28 weekers did just fine and for them 30 weeks was the "magic number".
From what I can see there are 2 issues with being born early - that of being born prematurely and by how much, and if there is also IUGR and what growth restriction there is.
As well to bear in mind is that the stats we read are most likely global figures and there will be countries that can't deal with prem babies like we are able to. Did anyone see the documentary about the midwife who went to Liberia? Their stats for 28 weekers were very poor.

i saw a couple 34 weekers they stayed in the hospital for a week then went home, my lil bro was born @ 35 weeks and he went home the next day (this was 8 yrs ago)
my lil 1 was born @ 29 weeks and went home wen she was 33 weeks x

My preemie was born at 29 weeks weighing 2lbs 5ozs due to PET...she came home after 8ish weeks in NICU/SCBU.

If you hold on til 34-35 weeks then your stay in there will be so much less as the other posters have already stated :thumbup:

Good luck, please keep us updated :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->