Scared...spotting :(

ButterCup17

Reaction score
I'm 4weeks 2 days today. I've been having cramps and a sore back on and off but thought it was normal. Today I woke up with light brown spotting. Should I be worried? :(

Hey, it might just be an implantation or breakthrough bleed which can happen around the time of your period. I'm 10 weeks and still having episodes of brown spotting and feeling like I'm going to come on any minute! As long as the spotting isn't enough to fill a pad or bright red and you're not doubled over,then I'm sure all will be well :)

You can always get your urine tested for UTI as well if you're concerned x

It's always best to call your doctor about spotting and let them decide how to proceed, especially if there is cramping accompanying it. However the general word I've gotten from my doctor is that brown blood is old blood, and indicates healing, for example from implantation, as Taramum suggested, or from cervical irritation, etc.

I started spotting brown the day my period was due and I haven't had a day without brown spotting, up to and including today. I told my OB the first time it happened, and have gotten extra monitoring and ultrasounds because of it. I have also had a full-on gushing bleed with red blood (9w4d), and baby is still okay. A lot of times, the spotting has no explanation, and it causes no harm, but it should always on the doctor's radar so they can monitor things. They want the chance to advise on lifestyle changes that may help--e.g pelvic rest or lifting restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->