scared to tell my mum about #2

Rainbow gems

Reaction score
Well my story is complicated me and my OH have been together about 6 years (we have had parts in our lives we told our parents we weren't together but we were)
we already have a son together who is 3 and planned a few years ago to get engaged Christmas this year,
OH doesn't live with me for a few reasons mostly because he has agoraphobia and neither of us drive (yet) but since finding out i am pregnant (ttc) we thought it would take longer we have pushed our plan ahead to find a house and live together (as where i live OH has a serious issue with) he has a suitable job and will be able to provide for us, but my mum doesn't think hes commited even though he NEVER goes out drinking or anything,
also since finding out in pregnant iv had to rehome my puppy as i would not be able to cope with a puppy who isn't trained and will grow massive and being pregnant on my own and in the future 2 kids and a dog would be to much to handle, which my mum took me to get which took over a hour to get and even she fell in love i think my mums going to think im irresponsible and naive

please help

Well my story is complicated me and my OH have been together about 6 years (we have had parts in our lives we told our parents we weren't together but we were)
we already have a son together who is 3 and planned a few years ago to get engaged Christmas this year,
OH doesn't live with me for a few reasons mostly because he has agoraphobia and neither of us drive (yet) but since finding out i am pregnant (ttc) we thought it would take longer we have pushed our plan ahead to find a house and live together (as where i live OH has a serious issue with) he has a suitable job and will be able to provide for us, but my mum doesn't think hes commited even though he NEVER goes out drinking or anything,
also since finding out in pregnant iv had to rehome my puppy as i would not be able to cope with a puppy who isn't trained and will grow massive and being pregnant on my own and in the future 2 kids and a dog would be to much to handle, which my mum took me to get which took over a hour to get and even she fell in love i think my mums going to think im irresponsible and naive

please help
I dont think she will think that. She might be aggravated but tell her the truth and that you have made plans for finding a suitable house for all involved. That should show her his commitment. She may take awhile to come around but as long as you are up front and plan YOUR happiness is what matters! Congrats by the way!

I know the feeling. I love my mom but she is so judgemental and negative about everything. She fails to realize that it's our life and our decisions, and that event hough we want her in our lives, we want to be able to live them how we decide. We are pregnant with our third and it was hard to tell her, really hard. She didn't say much, still doesn't, but when I had a slight bleed and was worried I was miscarrying she had said she had been praying so hard for me and the baby to be ok, this was before I told her about the bleed, so she does care. Babies are a blessing. My advice is get it over with as soon as you are comfortable because when it hangs over your head it takes away from your joy and excitement. Congrats :) and do what works for you and your OH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->