Scared Vitex has ruined my cycles ...

alana.v

Reaction score
Hiya ladies, just wondered if one of you could help me out.....

I started vitex on the 23/1, the same day I started my third cycle TTC .. I usually ovulate around CD25/26, so I decided to take vitex as I read it helps shorten cycles (mine are typically 40 days long)

However, I don't think I have ovulated this month, and I am due on my period tomorrow and am not getting any usual symptoms, so I am terrified I have messed up my cycles by taking vitex!

Has anyone else experienced this, or managed to get their cycles back to normal after bad experiences with vitex? Please help, I feel like such an idiot after trying to fix something which wasn't really broken! :cry:

I never tried vitex myself because after reading a lot about it, I found out it should only be taken if you have really messed up and/or irregular cycles to begin with. If your cycles are regular but long, it could indeed do the opposite of what you want. Mine are 33-37 days. I'm sorry, I hope your cycles go back on track soon.

Helped regulate mine, not shorten.
Best to take up charting cos then you can see if you're ovulating or not.

I used this n when i did, i only took it for first half of my cycles as i read it can cause contractions or somehing and cause miscarrage, so i stopped taking it when i shouldve ovulated, but no matter how long i took them for i felt like they were holding my cycle on stand still and i felt that a couple of days after i stopped i ovulated, i gve up after two months they didnt regulate my cycles , didnt work for me :/ hope your cycle soon sorts itself out hun! Xx

Thanks for your help girls :)

I do chart my temps, but thing with work have been up in the air so I haven't done a very good job this month.

Do you think my cycles will eventually go back to normal? I'm expecting AF tomorrow, will be very pleased to see her for once! Or are there any ways to get cycles back to normal?

Thanks again :)

Im not really sure hun, the month i stopped taking them i got my bfp, so ime guessing i ovulated normally, maybe see if af comes and if not id stop taking it,id rather have a 40 day cycle then a longer one ! Hope all the best for u hun! X

I have regular cycles and was told to take vitex (one teaspoon 3 times per day) CD 4 to CD14. When I confirm O start again with only a teaspoon per day in the am. If pregnancy is confirmed, reduced to half a teaspoon every morning, then every other day until you hit 8 weeks, then stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->