Scared

mernie

Mom and Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
I have an abscessed tooth. The infection has spread into my jaw and I'm all swollen. I have a dentist appt. today to most likely have it drained and the tooth itsself pulled thing is I'm terrified of the dentist. My appointment is 2 hours away and I'm already shaking. :cry:I want the relief but I'm sooooo scared. I can barely open my mouth anyway without it absolutely killing me so how they're gonna get in there is beyond me. Ugh time to put on my big girl panties I guess oh please pray this doesn't hurt as bad as I think its gonna I'm so terrified :cry:

Aw hunny :( I know how you feel. I had to get my wisdom teeth removed and ended up having to get sedated cos I was so scared. Maybe your dentist can sedate you?

Let your dentist know about your anxiety - there are lots of things they can do for you. You'll feel so much better soon. Good luck with everything!

I've already planned to ask him to sedate me. Probably will anyway cause due to the infection Novocaine won't work. Just talked to my mom and she said "you have a bad habit of getting all worked up over this kinda stuff and then when you go through it its not nearly as bad as you expected is it?! IS IT?! Thats right. Shut your mouth girl." :rofl:

how did u get on hun ??...gosh i hate dentists sooo much im sooo scared of thn i have to be sedated to. n now im pregnat my teeth r hurtin much more now. but i duno if u can have the sedation wen pregnant im not sure tbh..knowing my luck i wont b lol xxx

Well ended up he couldn't really do anything for me cause of the infection. He did give me an antibiotic and some pain killer that makes me loopy. And I have to go back next week to see him to find out if the antibiotic worked. If it did I make ANOTHER appt. and have the two teeth causing the problem pulled.

I have terrible teeth and I know this and every other dentist I've been to has been really really judgemental about it and rude. He wasn't thank god I still ended up shaking and crying. He said when it comes time for the actual procedure though if I want him to he'll make it so that I "don't even know I'm in the world" :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->