scarlett's birth story (11.02.2009) (a bit blunt....)

icculcaz

mum of 3 monsters
Reaction score
woke up early on 11.02.2009 and rang hospital as i was booked in to be induced for medical reasons at 37 weeks... so they gave me the all clear to go straight in. (eek) never been induced befor eso didnt know what to expect...
go to hosp @ 8am and were settled into a delivery room shortly after. put onto ctg monitor for half hour to get a baseline reading. can remember thinking ok.. not too bad so far.. had an internal @ 9.30am to be told ok you dont need gel i'll just pop ur waters...:blush: sooooooo pop went the waters.. still in no pain.... bonus.then midwife disappears after saying i'll go n check where ur blood is, be back in an hour to check progress. sooo i get cumfy on hosp bed n watch a bit of jeremy kyle.. (as ya do).. had a slight period niggle come on but nothing exciting @ this stage so offs i toddle to get on the birthing ball (love that thing).
me retrns to tell me that my blood is still in transit so birth wont be brought on asap, so i may aswell relax a bit :( (i needed special blood on standby just incase of transfusion)
anyhoo things plod on til midday when mw appears to insert cannula ready 4 the drip.....
my contractions all be it mild start at 3pm. by 3.15 i was hooked up to the drip and back on ctg.contractions were really strong by that point and i was not a happy bunny when all requests of gas n air were turned down.... was told put up with it, you're not having anything til that ctg machine stays on... 5pm rolls round and they take me off the ctg and put a head ctg proby thingy on scarlett as my belly and that sensor dont like each other... contractions still agony and drip been turned up once or twice by then.... mw finally decides to give me a shot of pethidine... FINALLY!!! and tells me ok should kick in in 20 mins.... (could have kicked her):muaha:
and then she disappears ...... all of a sudden a few mins later my contractions get stronger and i can feel scarlett's head moving down... mw reappears and i inform her i need to poo so wont be long b4 babys here... mw says 'oh i'll just grab a cup of tea see u in a bit' *end of contraction* no point im gonna push. *next contraction* head probe moves out a bit, mw bricks it n says oh yeah i c ur point i'll get sum gloves on, bangs button on bed 4 more staff... then room swarm of ppl... few mins later scarlett screams her way into the world @ 17.44pm. that was the easy part.

waiting for a placenta that aint coming takes aaaaaaages. we did everything to get it out but nope it was stuck to me still, was informed need to go to theatre... under an epidural....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
had drip turned up full, and was told im next in line 4 theatre as theres an emergency was in...
said nite to OH at 9.40pm n no sign of being taken to theatre... due to another emergency rushed in.... so it was just me and scarlett.. i start panicking...then my syntocinon drip runs out n alarms goin off... took me 3 times to get drip replaced.... just b4 going to theatre @ 11.20!!!!!
being laid there, numb from the ribs down while some shovel handed male doctor shoved his hand up ya and you cant feel the tugs etc of every time he opened up my cervix and scraped my placenta off my womb wall as it was stuck fast, is a very strange feelin as you dont feel the pain.... was told @ 00:10 that it was all over and that i was a good girl for not needing the emergency stand by blood (there was only 2 bags of anti - lub blood in the uk and both had my name on!!!!) but they didnt offer me a sticker. kinda gutted.......
was reunited with scarlett in the rec room and wheeled down to ward just after.

not a bad day all in all... and to top it off i didnt need a single stitch and didnt tear or graze!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

wow...great story, you sound like a pro....cant wait to see pics of scarlett!

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/devilswhore1979/SP_A0044.jpg

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/devilswhore1979/SP_A0043.jpg

aww hun well done you! she is gorgeous :cloud9:

i am now a bit scared of delivering the placenta though lol

x

she is sooooooooo cute and I will send you a sticker AND a lollipop :hugs:

Congrats Caz, Scarlett is a beauty!!

The placenta tata was a bit scary :shock: xx

Congrats hun!
She's absolutely beautiful!
And the whole placenta thing kind of terrifies me! You're a trooper!!!

Aww hun she's a doll - absolutely gorgeous! Well done you! x

Congrats hun! She's stunning!!

Can't believe how long you had to wait for your procedure, but glad they got it all out!

A friend of mine had some of hers left in by mistake (most of the placenta had come out in thrid stage labour, but a bit must have torn off and remained behind... mw's didn't notice) so six weeks after birth she was rushed to hospital by ambulance due to HUGE blood loss! only to have to undergo what you had! glad yours was sorted there and then!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->