School accused of putting an autistic boy in duffel bag

NicoleLJ

Mom to 6 beautiful Kids
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/school-accused-putting-autistic-student-bag-182229844.html

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A 9-year-old autistic boy who misbehaved at school was stuffed into a duffel bag and the drawstring pulled tight, according to his mother, who said she found him wiggling inside as a teacher's aide stood by.

Mercer County schools Interim Superintendent Dennis Davis said confidentiality laws forbid him from commenting.

"The employees of the Mercer County Public Schools are qualified professionals who treat students with respect and dignity while providing a safe and nurturing learning environment," Davis said in a statement.

State education officials said they were investigating.

At a meeting with school district officials, the bag was described as a "therapy bag," Baker said, though she wasn't clear exactly what that meant. She said her son would sometimes be asked to roll over a bag filled with balls as a form of therapy, but she didn't know her son was being placed in the bag. She said school officials told her it was not the first time they had put him in the bag."

Full story at the link. I am in total shock that a school would think this is ok to do to any child let alone a disabled one.

This is obscene, I can't even bear to read the full story as I know I'll cry.

Wow! If I was that child's mother I would have punched that 'teacher' so hard she would need that duffle bag to carry her teeth home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->