School anxiety!

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
So my baby starts school tomorrow and I have horrible anxiety over it! She will be on the other side of town as it is the only French Immersion Program in the city... I was wide awake with anxiety until 4am last night :(

Anyone else with bad anxiety over their babies starting school?

Me!!

He's starting KG1 on the 10th, I'm freaking out. He never been to a nursery, the only time he was alone was in toddlers classes for 2 hrs twice or 3 times a week, & I used to stay in the coffee shop close by.

His school is 30 mins away from home by car, it's in another city, it's the closest school that offers IB curriculum.

He will go full time 5 days a week, it's a huge change for both of us. xx

me too :-(

I have Alex starting primary school on thursday and my oldest son Ashley starts high school the same day :nope:

Have taken the day off work to see them both there and home again - will have to keep myself busy :blush:

Aww hope all of your babies have a wonderful time...this time last year i was in the same boat...it took me a good month of so to stop worrying! Now he is in year 1 and i am still worrying!!! I dont think we will ever stop! xx

Alexas mummy...in Canada what age do children start school? Is Alexa going into reception or year 1 iykwim?...(i know in Canada they call it something different!) xx

Me to my stomach has been in knots for the past 2 days. Olivia has started reception class today full time as they can go part time 5 mornings a week to start with until Christmas but we wanted her to start full time straight away. Millie my youngest only just 3 and she started nursery this morning and will do 5 mornings a week. Millie is home now had a brilliant morning although had an accident and the teacher had to change her but did use the toilet fine other then that. Im now wondering weather to send in a potty with her or not I never did with DD1. I think its more coz its a new environment and a bit of laziness all in one though. :shrug:

Me!!

He's starting KG1 on the 10th, I'm freaking out. He never been to a nursery, the only time he was alone was in toddlers classes for 2 hrs twice or 3 times a week, & I used to stay in the coffee shop close by.

His school is 30 mins away from home by car, it's in another city, it's the closest school that offers IB curriculum.

He will go full time 5 days a week, it's a huge change for both of us. xx

Oh wow, no prep with nursery or anything-I bet that will be super tough! :( :hug: for you! What is IB curriculum?

me too :-(

I have Alex starting primary school on thursday and my oldest son Ashley starts high school the same day :nope:

Have taken the day off work to see them both there and home again - will have to keep myself busy :blush:

Hope it was an okay experience for you :(
:hug:

Aww hope all of your babies have a wonderful time...this time last year i was in the same boat...it took me a good month of so to stop worrying! Now he is in year 1 and i am still worrying!!! I dont think we will ever stop! xx

Alexas mummy...in Canada what age do children start school? Is Alexa going into reception or year 1 iykwim?...(i know in Canada they call it something different!) xx

School starts at age 5 here. It's called grade primary in my province, kindergarten in some of the other provinces, then next year is grade one. I don't know what the comparison is to schools in the UK :shrug: Why it's not all a universal name is beyond me :dohh: It seems though, that Primary might = reception? Before primary there is the option of Preschool for ages 3&5, but it is not mandatory.

Me to my stomach has been in knots for the past 2 days. Olivia has started reception class today full time as they can go part time 5 mornings a week to start with until Christmas but we wanted her to start full time straight away. Millie my youngest only just 3 and she started nursery this morning and will do 5 mornings a week. Millie is home now had a brilliant morning although had an accident and the teacher had to change her but did use the toilet fine other then that. Im now wondering weather to send in a potty with her or not I never did with DD1. I think its more coz its a new environment and a bit of laziness all in one though. :shrug:

It makes sense that it would different in a new environment than at home where she is used to being comfortable enough to just go use the bathroom, would they let you send her in with a potty? Some Daycares/nurseries are weird about stuff like that :shrug: It might be different there though, and I suppose it depends on the staff and management!

Hope you are all having a good week and that it wasn't too rough on you sending the kiddies off... And OmarsMom, hope it's not too hard for you next week! :hugs:

Thanks hun :hugs:

It's International Baccalaureate. Here is a link to PYP (primary years program) that is used from 3-12 yrs as part of the IB curriculum

https://www.ibo.org/pyp/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->