School appeals process (UK)?

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
My son is currently in a school 3 miles away, we moved house in March and I figured he could stay there until the end of the school year as I didn't want to disrupt him too much. I put an application in for 3 local schools in April to start this September and they only got back to me at the end of July to say that there were no places available at any of them.

I sent an appeal letter off and my hearing is a week on Tuesday but I don't really know what to expect from it. Is it really formal, should I make sure I dress smart? Has anyone been through the appeals procedure, and what was the outcome (if you don't mind sharing)?

Hiya hun...im not sure about the dressing smart bit, but my friend has recently been going through this process. She said when she went there was a round 4 people on the panel. She was given the option of having a representative however chose not to. After the meeting she recieved a letter regarding the result of her case. I know that appeals are only considered under exceptional circumstances. Really hope i goes well hun. Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->