school children in england

My daughter was 3 in July and in the September started foundation stage. She goes to school 8am to 1pm. Loves it. At the end of her first year she knew all her letters and counted to 20. Most of the learning experiences involved play, but attends school assembly and some formal structure to the day.

academic wise, I am glad I did not hold my son back but he is really struggling with the formality of year 2. He is only just 6 and the 7yr olds in his class are SO much more ready.

I know what you mean, my friend is a reception class teacher and I always remember her saying that the best way A parent can help their child starting school was to encourage them in activities like dressing/undressing, independence with regard to the toilet etc

Blue_bumpkin, if it helps I am born in February so was young when I started school and I've been very academically successful. Where there is a will there is a way.

Blue_bumpkin, if it helps I am born in February so was young when I started school and I've been very academically successful. Where there is a will there is a way.

I just dont like the idea of him going so young :( Perhaps thats cause hes still a baby just now though.

4 just seems so little :nope:

It is :( My baby is doing his sats this year. He should be in year 1 really. He only JUST missed the cut of point GRRR

If you where to see my area youd think they dont start early enough, noisey little things running around the carparks screaming and swearing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->