School Lunch Ideas??

Mum21boy1girl

Reaction score
Hi all,
was wondering if any of you have any lunch ideas for my daughter who does not like bread? we have had crackers ham and cheese, but what else could i pack for her?? Lucky my son is not as fussy and will eat a sandwich everyday lol

Thanks for any help!!!

Ooh I'll watch with interest, my DS2 is the same, hates bread in any form.

If your DD only dislikes bread what about pittas, muffins, bagels.

If like my DS it's all types of bread then what about pasta salad, tuna pasta, baked beans or scrambled eggs (DS2 hasn't started school yet so this is ok).

Hope someone else can post some good ideas.

My eldest loves sandwhiches crusts and all but my youngest isnt a fan of bread but will eat it occasionally without the crusts.

have you tried wraps as my youngest loves them.

other alternatives

sausage rolls
ham/chicken pasta salad

its quite difficult i think if your LO likes wraps then you are sorted LOL x

thanks for the replies :)
yeah she also hates bread in all forms, like pitas and wraps ugh makes it difficult, but she might like the pasta salad and egg ideas thanks for that!!
i would love to pack her sausage rolls, but we don't get them in the US and i have tried making them but failed, i think the sausage meat here is too greasy :(

Thanks!! :)

wow really!!!!

so difficult for you then......... i just asked my eldest daughter who is 7 what children have in their lunch boxes to see if i could find any other ideas .....

quiche
rice salads
cous cous

this is if your LO will eat these cold

she also said one of her friends doesnt eat bread so her mum just puts the sandwhich filling i.e ham with salad, pasta, crackers, bead sticks.

and then my daughter said could she not have school dinners???

Hmm tough one! Some good ideas there though. My kids do usually have a sandwich but sometimes I give them hard boiled egg, pasta salad, rice salad, couscous, or cold spanish omelette :flow:

I don't want to think about the cost of giving them dinner money each day!

We do a mix of wraps/sandwiches/pasta salad/rice salad/bread sticks with various dips, then fruit as Lucas doesnt like crisps or chocolate (yes I am aware I have raised a freak lol)

As everyone has said Pasta salad. That's what my boys have at preschool

Breadsticks and Hummous
Olives and cheese
Egg muffin
Fruit salad
Fish pie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members