sciatic relief?

Expecting1

Reaction score
It's both sides, usually just my right but gah! I'm in so much pain! Wheat pack doesn't help, neither does massage :cry: bath isn't an option, nor hot water bottles and such :(
we're on holiday and it's 1:05AM here so obviously I should be asleep lol but the pain!!
Any quick fix relief? In a bit of a pickle with the whole holiday thing not having the convenience of home.... just my luck hey lol.

No idea! I usually have to just find a position that isn't too bad and wait for it to ease up. Will be stalking this for suggestions

stretching hun. ONly stretching is the only thing that can give relief to me. i have sciatic when im not pregnant so when i am its even worse. Look up sciatic nerve stretches and on the internet will give you alot of them. After the stretches you might feel awful so do them right before you go to bed but believe me that night and the next day will be better xx

Definitely stretching as pp mentioned - I usually lay on my back (but not for too long!!) put one leg over the other and pull your knee up as far as you can to stretch out the side of your butt.

Hope you get some relief soon hun xx

I was crippled with it for 2 weeks about a month back and the things that eventually worked for me were: stretching, ice-packs applied 3 times a day (heat packs didn't work for me) and swimming 3 times a week for 30 mins or so. After a week or so of doing that I was pretty much back to normal and I'm now not suffering! GL xxx

Hi I go to pregnancy yoga and I have a bit of sciatic pain so I asked my teacher and she showed me a pose called the 'swan pose' it looks very uncomfortable but I find it helps. If you google it you might find instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->