Sciatica

DonnyDoo

Reaction score
Due to my job (nurse), Ive ended up with the worst sciatica ever, Im only 27,but feel like an old lady some days, its so painful, I cant bend, sit for long periods, walk far,or stand for long. Ive been having physio, that is doing sod all to be fair.
Now Im PG I cant take Tramadol, which Is only thing that takes the edge off the pain. Obviously Im worried that as I get more heavily PG the pain is gonna be worse.

Does anyone else suffer from this crap condition?. And how do you treat it?

I had sciatica pain in my back and leg for over a year, done the usual physio thing, painkillers and nothing was working, was so bad I could hardly get up out of bed because my back seized up through the night.....

I had 2 sessions of acupuncture and it's now gone, I do get backache occasionally but sciatica is gone :)

I recommend you try it, you'll be surprised :)

Hey hun...i only just got it in the last month or so...apparently my little man is nicely balanced on a nerve...(spoke to my midwife about it) Ask your doctor about this...as im really big now and this has to be the worst feeling ever...iv got a limp and find it hard to do daily activities especially with my bump...do see your GP asap about your concerns hun...Goodluck xx

OO acupuncture, might try it. Problem is Ive already had a bit of time off work because of it, and cant really afford anymore.But if it gets worse later on, I will just have to go off long term sick until my mat leave starts, no way Im gonna take early mat leave and use it up!

Im dreading going to work today as its so painful today, but hey Ive got a week off in four weeks time, so am just gonna count down the days till then, then I can rest!!

A friend of mine saw an osteopath for her sciatica (hers was so bad she'd occasionally end up in A&E as she couldn't move). She said it worked wonders, so maybe worth a try?

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->