Scooter help pls!!

LPF

Reaction score
Ds is turning 5 just before Xmas and we want to get him a new scooter, but I've no idea what to get.

He's a tall / big 5 but physically struggles with things like scootering / riding a bike (he still struggles even with stabilisers just to pedal)

I don't think he'd cope with something unstable as if he fell over once, he'd never use it again! But the scooters with 3 wheels / more stable supportive ones seem to be for under 5s!

We were looking at this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L3DD...TF8&colid=3H1RVKRMYL7CX&coliid=I3CGXGDVKLUUW4

But it says for 3-5 yr olds!

Help ladies, I'm rubbish at this sort of stuff!

ozbozz-cosmic-light-zeon-scooter-blue-6039083-0-1275908989000.jpg

My son's 4 1/2 This is what I went for I'm not a fan of the 2 wheels at the front
This 1 I got from argos had really good reviews x

We were looking at that one too ^^^ the one in the amazon link relies on the child to lean and theres no way our alex could do that.

We are planning on getting our 5 year old one of these https://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/sc...-6-12/maxi-micro-t-bar-scooter-raspberry.html Our son has the mini micro scooter and she uses it so much more than her own 'inline' scooter so we'll get her the maxi micro (for the older children!)

Sandi - do you know anyone with a mini/maxi micro scooter? You dont really have to lean on these ones as theyre really easy to control (want to say sensitive but that makes it sound hard to handle but they dont seem to be!) Finley too a while to get the hang of it but now he has it looks so easy. I bet Alex would surprise you. We have tried a cheaper brand of 2 wheels at the front and it was really stiff and did have to lean. x

We are planning on getting our 5 year old one of these https://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/sc...-6-12/maxi-micro-t-bar-scooter-raspberry.html Our son has the mini micro scooter and she uses it so much more than her own 'inline' scooter so we'll get her the maxi micro (for the older children!)

Sandi - do you know anyone with a mini/maxi micro scooter? You dont really have to lean on these ones as theyre really easy to control (want to say sensitive but that makes it sound hard to handle but they dont seem to be!) Finley too a while to get the hang of it but now he has it looks so easy. I bet Alex would surprise you. We have tried a cheaper brand of 2 wheels at the front and it was really stiff and did have to lean. x

Thank you! Its really difficult because we would only be using them at the park in good weather (we live on main roads) so i don't want to spend too much either! Her age and size doesnt match the range out there for her :/ I'll check these out, thanks babe!

Amelie has the micro Sprite and it's amazing (I've had a go and it's so smooth and fast), they're expensive but will last forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->