Screwed Up Period Cycle. When should I test?

Putterfly

Baby Nommer
Reaction score
So, I've heard a lot of times that you should test a certain amount of time after a missed period. The thing is, my period is so crazy I don't know when if starts! I tracked it the last couple of months and it ranged anywhere from 11 days to 24 days. On Saturday it will be 24 days since the last time I think I had a period.. (I marked it on my calender with a ? so idk if that day happened.) Anyways, I know if it was late or missed, it's not because of stress because from past experience it actually makes the time between SHORTER.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is I don't know when to test because my period is so crazy. I was thinking about scheduling a test on Thursday, September 1st for a blood test because that will be over 2 weeks since the time I thought I could have possibly gotten pregnant.

So any advice possible would be great. Thank you in advance.

I just thought I would let you know that I am in a similar sort of situation as you. My cycles range from 18-40 days! It is a real pain! The advice I have had is to test once you have gone past your longest cycle.

Good luck though!!

Putterfly do you use opks or charting? If so I'd think you could start testing from 10 days DPO. Alternatively did you have any spotting in the last week? If you have done, and it hasn't developed into something more like AF, then try testing 3/4 days after that. If neither of these things are true then I personally would test either the day after your longest length cycle - so for me I would test on CD30, or the day after your average cycle length -I'd test CD27. My cycles have been between 22 and 29 days and it's really irritating to not know when to expect it. To be honest I don't think I'll make it to CD30 this month. If I get to CD27 without AF I will test, knowing that there is a chance that it may still be early. Sorry for the longwinded answer :coffee: HTH's x

Agreed with Tyler :) You're longest tracked cycle should be the one you count off of, and if it's true that 24 is, I would test now! :) goodluck and fx'd for a :bfp:

I know how you feel, my cycles have been 45 days since coming off BC in May, at present my 45th day was last sat which would make me 1 week late today, I tested yesterday am but BFN & no sign of AF = ?? :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->