Season of giving

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
I've seen/heard some really great ideas for giving to others over Christmas, was hoping we could share some ideas?

We're doing the usual shoe box appeal and then I've seen a lovely reverse advent calendar idea where you fill a box with 1 item a day for a person/family who are less fortunate. We're going to do 1 with treat foods, small gifts and personal hygiene items like shower gel/toothbrushes.

Anyone have any ideas which they've tried before which the kids enjoyed?

I had an idea was we are thinking of ways we can help all year by intentions we set up at christmas. We do shoebox appeal too. Maybe inviting people over or taking some stuff/snacks for the homeless x

Oh that's such a lovely idea! Where do you give it to after you've filled it?
We normally give to a local toy appeal (although less inclined to after a thread on here last year?), or we've done shoeboxes and rucksacks for the homeless. We'll probably donate items to a homeless charity again this year.

I love the shoebox ideas but never know where will willingly take them. I'm forever donating to charity shops which I don't mind but I'd also like to do something more personal for either here or abroad.

Our local shopping centre organises a gift tree, it has labels with a child's name and age (blue or pink) I get one the boys age and take them to Toys R Us to pick out a gift for them.

I'm donating gifts from last year that were never fully opened (I stored them way, forgot about them and they're now outgrown!) to the local children's ward for gifts at xmas for those who have to stay in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->