Second C-Section

sapphire20

Olivia & Alex <3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

With my first I was 11 days over due, 1 day away from having to be induced when my contractions started! I had mild contractions for 16 hours with no progress and then my daughters heart rate started dipping and eventually was non existent so was rushed in for an emergency c-section, it was all a bit stressful and no one made me or my husband aware of the situation or made me feel reassured so I had no idea if she was going to survive or not, luckily she did but I never want to go through that again.

When I went for my consultation to discuss delivery options for baby number 2 this is the brilliant options given by the NHS,

1. Try for a natural birth - which will involve the following as my local hospital are not allowed to deliver VBac Babies - Traveling 130 miles to the next nearest hospital delivering VBacs 5 days before my due date, Waiting out labour, if nothing happens I would then be induced, if that fails then an emergency C-section! - A total hospital stay of roughly 2 weeks! Who on earth with a husband who works full time, a toddler who doesn't go to childcare and loss of earnings be able to afford to do that? seriously?

2. Elective C-Section - which will be preformed at my local hospital (2minute drive) at 39 weeks and be allowed home 2 days later!

I just find it really amusing as its not exactly options - I really don't have any other choice than to go for the section!

How would you feel if this was you?

x

in same boat tho only this early i did ask as have to sort out were Little one will go ect , id have to travel to have it as they "may" not have the staff .....in a hospital

but id say go for Csection less time in hosp just more recovery with toddler at home ! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->